Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cortisol Salvia Testing

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by woggly1993, Sep 5, 2016.

1. woggly1993

woggly1993

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.

After being for 7 months in a traumatic relationship and spending the last 3 months in recovering from it I still have symptoms related to adrenal fatigue.

Insomina
    Butterflies in belly/nervous in the morning -> feel actually good in the evening
    Constantly tired/fatigued
    Low immune system
    Dizzy head
    No sexdrive

I have been begging doctors to do a saliva cortisol test but they all denied it. Now I found out that you can buy them yourself on the internet.

Is this a good idea?

I just don't know where to turn, every doctor I just mention 'adrenal fatigue' looks at me like I'm a crazy person and I just get the 'ooh it's all in the head' line.
    I do get that it was emotional. That's why I ended the relationship. That's why I'm in therapy. But just ending it doesn't make me healthy again.

I want to get healtyh on a psychological and physiological level.

Ps: I take alot of vitamins, meditate and try to eat as healthy as possible.
    I was actually wondering if there is something else I could do.

2. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) quit a few threads on this Forum about the medication. FYI

GG

Welcome to the forum!

See more popular forum discussions.