• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cortisol injections?

Kenny Banya

Considering that often cortisol is reversed in CFS patients (lowest in morning, highest at night), anyone here had daily cortisol injections?

erin

I was given one cortisol injection for my herniated neck. The orthopedist didn't know I have ME, he doesn't now what it is and I was so much in pain couldn't be bothered to explain ME situation. I actually didn't realized he prescribed this cortisol injection. He gave me the bar code, I went to chemist, given 14 injections (pain killer type) and another extra one which was the cortisol. After getting this cortisol injection I felt brand new in 10 minutes. I'm not joking! It was great I felt normal for the first time. It lasted 3 months. I went back for more he said "cortisol is a double edge sword" what he gave me was one of. My neck was locked and I had a severe mobility problem, now I could hold my head and I will not be given cortisol again. This was 2015 December. Everyone noticed the difference on me after the injection.