August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cortisol injections?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Kenny Banya, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    Considering that often cortisol is reversed in CFS patients (lowest in morning, highest at night), anyone here had daily cortisol injections?

2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

LMAO @Kenny Banya hahaha

that's gold Jerry! GOLD!

ps. i think cortisol suppresses the immune system so they dont use it much for us

3. erin

erin Senior Member

I was given one cortisol injection for my herniated neck. The orthopedist didn't know I have ME, he doesn't now what it is and I was so much in pain couldn't be bothered to explain ME situation. I actually didn't realized he prescribed this cortisol injection. He gave me the bar code, I went to chemist, given 14 injections (pain killer type) and another extra one which was the cortisol. After getting this cortisol injection I felt brand new in 10 minutes. I'm not joking! It was great I felt normal for the first time. It lasted 3 months. I went back for more he said "cortisol is a double edge sword" what he gave me was one of. My neck was locked and I had a severe mobility problem, now I could hold my head and I will not be given cortisol again. This was 2015 December. Everyone noticed the difference on me after the injection.

See more popular forum discussions.