• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cortisol & Inflammation??

chilove

Hello all,

Does anyone know anything about the link between cortisol levels in the body and inflammation? I'm on BHRT but my doc only has me on 10mg of hydro cort and I'm wondering if I should be taking more to help with the bad inflammation I still have? (been on Fredd's protocol a month)

Thanks so much!

Audrey

chilove

Hi Leela.,

I'm very familiar with Dr Lam.. did a consult with him when I first got diagnosed with adrenal fatigue but couldnt do his protocol because he insists you eat animal protein and my body cant metabolize it presently.

Anyway.. I don't remember seeing anything on his site related to inflammation specifically but maybe I missed it.. I'll definitely check again.. appreciate the tip!

Thanks so much!

Audrey

leela

I have the same problem with animal protein.
And I react really badly to even teensy doses of hydrocortisone.
We are all so complex!
Good luck :)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
have u tried small doses of pregnenolone, which is what your body uses to make its own cortisol as well as other hormones. Transdermal creams are suppose to be better and many recommended doses are 50mg plus but for some reason cfsers can tolerate these normal doses. I find less then 5 mg is about my limit, it dose help with energy/cognitive stuff.

cheers!!!

Crux

Hi Audrey;

Although cortisol is very effective for inflammation, it performs so many other actions that could become side effects if not needed. For instance, it raises blood sugar, and if it goes too high, that effect can become inflammatory. It should be measured regularly to make sure the dosage is correct.

The Mb12 took many months,for me, to reduce inflammation. It's very effective, but slow. The folate is very effective,and works more quickly than B12.

Rosebud Dairy

I was on hydrocortisone, up to 30 mg in a day, but don't need it now. I have to make sure I get my potassium, though.

I still get sick a lot........working on this one.

I am on the Active B12 Protocol - at full bore, I might add, going on 6-8 weeks......getting a lot of healing of neuropathy, and also going to hyperbarics (my child's injury). It really is like 1+1+1= 10!!!

I felt warm water in my toes in a hot bath last week. It bring me to tears!