• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cortene Peptide for MECFS? "Curative"?!

Navid

Any new news on cortene trial. was this discussed at meeting with all the me/cfid's dr's last weekend? thought cort wld put out 3rd installation of blog by now.

Hopeful1976

Cort has a cold...should be out in the next few days though. :)
Thanks @Ema I'm actually losing hope/interest now in this... it had got me very excited but after leaving the 3rd installment so long, I'm feeling a lot less enthused - if it was so hopeful, I'm sure Cort wouldn't have left it almost 4 weeks and maybe longer (there was only 1 between part 1 and 2).

Ema

Thanks @Ema I'm actually losing hope/interest now in this... it had got me very excited but after leaving the 3rd installment so long, I'm feeling a lot less enthused - if it was so hopeful, I'm sure Cort wouldn't have left it almost 4 weeks and maybe longer (there was only 1 between part 1 and 2).
I wouldn’t say that at all. Don’t read too much into the delay, other than we all do the best we can with this illness.

Ravn

Based on the info available it looks like it will be one of the better-designed trials. They'll be using CPET and looking at PEM.

And the involvement of the Bateman Horne Center should hopefully ensure trial participants will actually have ME rather than just some sort of undefined fatigue.

Plus, even if the trial fails - probably more likely than not but one can never help but hope a little - at least one senior ME researcher will have learned a lot from it.

Is CT38 Urocortin II?

Cortene’s drug, CT38, is a CRF2 agonist, i.e., it stimulates CRF2. It is comprised only of amino acids that occur naturally in the human body. It has been characterized in animal studies and in a Phase 1 clinical trial in healthy human subjects.

Wiki
Urocortin II is highly selective for the CRF2 receptor

nanonug

Is CT38 Urocortin II?

Also, Urocortin II is a 38 amino-acid peptide.

Urocortin II is essentially an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), an anorexigenic (appetite suppressant) and a hypotensive (blood pressure reducer.)

If CT38 is indeed Urocortin II (or an analog), what are the odds that this is curative for SEID?

jaybee00

I asked Cort this yesterday on this blog comment section but got no reply....but I think the 38 amino acid thing is pretty confirming....I wonder if this info can be found on any patent documents?

jaybee00

Urocortin 3 also has 38 amino acids

Could also be this PG-873637.....but can find much info on this