The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cort Johnson article: "ME Association Goes All in on the Mitochondria in ME/CFS"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Interesting snippet in the middle:

Read it all here:

http://www.healthrising.org/forums/...dria-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me-cfs.4645/

Hilary, L'engle, Comet and 9 others like this.
  2. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

L'engle, Comet, Jennifer J and 5 others like this.
  3. Keith Geraghty

Keith Geraghty Senior Member

a fascinating and stimulating talk by Dr Morten - I found the interaction between viruses and mitochondria most interesting - I recall DeMeirleir discussing intracellular viral mechanisms up-regulated - perhaps a link there; Newton did not find cellular lactate levels raised in muscle cells, one might imagine if mitochondria have a primary dysfunction we might see this; yet some studies have shown lactate levels raised in the brain. I imagine what ever is going on, a pathogen may be disrupting the TCA cyle or the immune response eg chronic inflammation may be generating a range of chemicals and gases that disrupt cellular respiration

Impairments of the 2-5A Synthetase/RNase L Pathway in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    1. JO NIJS1,2 and
    2. KENNY DE MEIRLEIR1

natasa778, L'engle, Comet and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.