Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cort Johnson article: "ME Association Goes All in on the Mitochondria in ME/CFS"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Interesting snippet in the middle:

Read it all here:

http://www.healthrising.org/forums/...dria-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me-cfs.4645/

Hilary, L'engle, Comet and 9 others like this.
  2. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

L'engle, Comet, Jennifer J and 5 others like this.
  3. Keith Geraghty

Keith Geraghty Senior Member

a fascinating and stimulating talk by Dr Morten - I found the interaction between viruses and mitochondria most interesting - I recall DeMeirleir discussing intracellular viral mechanisms up-regulated - perhaps a link there; Newton did not find cellular lactate levels raised in muscle cells, one might imagine if mitochondria have a primary dysfunction we might see this; yet some studies have shown lactate levels raised in the brain. I imagine what ever is going on, a pathogen may be disrupting the TCA cyle or the immune response eg chronic inflammation may be generating a range of chemicals and gases that disrupt cellular respiration

Impairments of the 2-5A Synthetase/RNase L Pathway in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    1. JO NIJS1,2 and
    2. KENNY DE MEIRLEIR1

natasa778, L'engle, Comet and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.