Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Copper-Gold-Silver: a boost to thiamine supplementation

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Asklipia, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

As you may know, I have been on high lipophilic thiamine supplementation since January 2017.
    With excellent results, still ongoing.
    Incidentally, I replied to a post by @manasi12 who had used an ayurvedic remedy with good results and was looking for a replacement because of fears of heavy-metal contamination. @Chocolove identified it as Suvarnasutshekhar, which includes gold.
    I suddenly remembered taking as a child a homeopathic remedy to help after infectious diseases containing gold, silver and copper that was very helpful at the time.
    This was Oligosol Copper Gold Silver sublingual.
    So I thought, why not? If that Chronic Fatigue was a result of something infectious, it could help. I + DH started taking this Gold-Silver-Copper supplement two weeks ago and the effect was immediate, a real boost to the thiamine. We still feel the boost every day after we take it.

@Gondwanaland had posted a link to The effects of copper status on thiamine metabolism in sheep fed a high sulfur diet. Showing that copper likely plays an important part in thiamine metabolism.
    There is also : High sulfur-related thiamine deficiency in cattle: a field study.

It might be the copper.
    It might be the gold, as I had learned years ago that gold brings about the same effects as thiamine, but is dangerous if taken long term.
    Anyway, it is a help. And I remember that previous to the onset on all this, I was taking zinc and Vitamin C, as prescribed by an ophthalmologist. Maybe I created a copper deficiency, which led to catastrophic thiamine deficiency.
    Be well! :hug:
    Asklipia

@Eastman @tango @manasi12 @Chocolove

sb4, Chocolove, echobravo and 4 others like this.
  2. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

This adds to other evidence here on the forum of the value of copper in possibly boosting B1.

@aquariusgirl reported benefits from taking B1 with Mitosynergy, which supposedly provides bioavailable copper.

@Thewonders92 saw benefits from separately taking copper and B1. But he also started a thread in which he said that copper "is incredibly dangerous if you have a severe deficiency".

But copper is generally a much-maligned metal: Why your health practitioner may be confused about copper overload

Edited to fix links.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    sb4, Chocolove, echobravo and 2 others like this.
  3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I have had mixed feelings from copper. My experience reflects high copper load and low bioavailability. I get lots of pain from high copper herbs (e.g. Rooibos tea, basil)

Since my right-sided bursitises only improved with MSM, I assumed the following to be true:
    Balance, timing and cofactors are everything.

ETA: :bulb: https://www.mitosynergy.com/information/copper/

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

Thank you @Eastman for these very interesting links.
    I wish you all the best! :bow::star:

Eastman likes this.
  5. Chocolove

Chocolove Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again

@Asklipia Here is another Oligo Copper/Gold/Silver product with an interesting general info blurb:
    http://www.mbiforlife.com/shopexd.asp?id=259&catid=22

As noted in http://homeopathicremediesandtreatment.com/Oligotherapy-Oligo-Trace-Elements.php

Oligo generally means very tiny (nano?), but in industry may be abbrev. for: Oligonucleotide-conjugated.

Patent WO2016164745A1 - Cd117 ligand-drug conjugates for ...
    www.google.com/patents/WO2016164745A1?cl=en
    Oct 13, 2016 - A vector comprising the nucleic acid molecule of any one of claims 10-11. .... Chang CC, Zu Y: Using oligonucleotide aptamer probes for immunostaining of ...... The therapeutic agent to be delivered can be a nutraceutical agent. ...... Noble metals (e.g., gold, silver, copper, platinum, palladium) are preferred ...

Drug delivery and nanoparticles: Applications and hazards - NCBI - NIH
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2527668/
    by WH De Jong - ‎2008 - ‎Cited by 1645 - ‎Related articles
    The use of nanotechnology in medicine and more specifically drug delivery is set to ... nutraceuticals and production of improved biocompatible materials (Duncan ...... Cells can take up gold nanoparticles without cytotoxic effects (Connor et al ... used to prepare nanoshells composed of gold and copper, or gold and silver to ...

manasi12 and Asklipia like this.
  6. manasi12

manasi12

In conventional medicine too , gold is used successfully to treat rheumatoid arhritis and few other autoimmune conditions.
    @Chocolove nanoparticles of these heavy metals seem very interesting from therapeutic point of view.

Asklipia likes this.
  7. manasi12

manasi12

@Asklipia nice to know that you are feeling better. I'll also give a try to similar remedy .
    But what's most interesting is I was also taking Bio C from Amway i.e. mega dose of vit .C. for urticaria when all this started. I had always wondered if it was the culprit because vit C can synthesize adrenalin from dopamine (probably ). This might have pushed my benign tachycardia into this severe hyperadrenergic POTS. Hmm now look into this copper and thiamine issue. I remember reading it in connection to histamine.

Asklipia likes this.
  8. Chocolove

Chocolove Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again

Gondwanaland and Asklipia like this.

See more popular forum discussions.