• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cool vest . does anyone know of a kind in which one can comfortable lay down in?

taniaaust1

I need a cool suit and have been researching them and are wondering if anyone knows of one in which it is also comfortable to lay down in? (I often need to lay down even when out).

alex3619

Most have cooling inserts front and back. Remove the rear cooling inserts and you should be able to lie down in them. If you are capable of lying on your side then you can keep the inserts in.

There are alternatives however. One is an evaporative cooling blanket. I don't like them though because of potential mold issues, and they don't work for very long after activation by immersing in water.

taniaaust1

Most have cooling inserts front and back. Remove the rear cooling inserts and you should be able to lie down in them. If you are capable of lying on your side then you can keep the inserts in.

There are alternatives however. One is an evaporative cooling blanket. I don't like them though because of potential mold issues, and they don't work for very long after activation by immersing in water.

thanks alex..

"Most have cooling inserts front and back. Remove the rear cooling inserts" OMG.. my brain didnt think of removing the cooling insert on the back to lay down. doh.. how can I not have thought of that.

Cooling blankets would be awkward as i want to be able use when out doing things too.

alex3619

thanks alex..

"Most have cooling inserts front and back. Remove the rear cooling inserts" OMG.. my brain didnt think of removing the cooling insert on the back to lay down. doh.. how can I not have thought of that.

Cooling blankets would be awkward as i want to be able use when out doing things too.

I think it was @Sushi who came up with that idea. :)