1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cool vest . does anyone know of a kind in which one can comfortable lay down in?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by taniaaust1, Feb 12, 2014.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I need a cool suit and have been researching them and are wondering if anyone knows of one in which it is also comfortable to lay down in? (I often need to lay down even when out).
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Most have cooling inserts front and back. Remove the rear cooling inserts and you should be able to lie down in them. If you are capable of lying on your side then you can keep the inserts in.

There are alternatives however. One is an evaporative cooling blanket. I don't like them though because of potential mold issues, and they don't work for very long after activation by immersing in water.
    Valentijn and taniaaust1 like this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    thanks alex..

"Most have cooling inserts front and back. Remove the rear cooling inserts" OMG.. my brain didnt think of removing the cooling insert on the back to lay down. doh.. how can I not have thought of that.

Cooling blankets would be awkward as i want to be able use when out doing things too.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I think it was @Sushi who came up with that idea. :)
    taniaaust1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.