• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Convincing the NHS to fund mega dose B12 for Nerve damage/neuropathy.

keenly

I am in this exact process and have been for over 2 years.

After nearly 9 years of suffering now i have had ZERO NHS help despite having peripheral autonomic dysfunction and blood pressure problems confirmed and diagnosed by neurologists. My issues are very much visible with black and blue feet/ legs(age 27 btw).

Out of everything High dose B12; Hydroxy and Adenosyl together help me immensely. I mean talking the highest dose that can be compounded 25mg per ml and 20ml respectively. 2 years i used my savings to fund 5 months of this delivered from Hopewell pharmacy. After about 5 weeks i started sleeping like a baby, had NO ALLERGIES(normally have severe MCS), no tingling in limbs and much less fatigue.

I am in a fight with the PCT to fund nutrients as opposed to drugs. I have been back and forth with them and i will not give up. What exactly as my parents paid into for 50 years? Just so we can be offered drugs which the human body does not need? My situation is severe but because i have managed it myself the severity has been underestimated. If i was obese; 36 stone i would of got thousands worth in care already.

If anyone can had anything useful i can use for my fight i would appreciate immensely. Right now i have already sent in dozens of studies, have my MPs full help, support from an NHS lymphatic drainage nurse etc. After each NHS consultant appointment i now educate these ignorant fools by sending them info. The last immunologist i saw could not find his backside in a well lit room. He has no idea about what could cause high histamine and when i mentioned the methylation cycle he looked like i had just said aliens have landed in the car park. Doctors are brainwashed for 5 years by Big Pharma funded schools and if you educate yourself one can make them embarrassed by how little they know about the human body.

My next step if i am refused is to point put the corruption and the fact 250,000 people are on synthetic smack purely because it makes money fro the drug company producing it. We have to fight these corrupt puppets who tow the line.

Thanks
Paul