• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Conversations Between Your Brain and Your Endocrine System"

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I like it. I think these negative assessments or bad 'mindsets' we make are surprisingly important when we're ill. THis is where the amygdala retraining program has been very important to me at times. Sometimes I am able to dig myself out of fatigue and feeling badly and poor health simply by identifying that negative thought and basically planting a better one in there.

Its not easy and its not obvious but when it works it works very well - never forget the power of the mind/body approach :)

Jody

Thanks Cort.

I have pretty much given up on finding medical help that will work and don't have the money for it anyway. My naturopath is a continued help for me mostly with acupuncture and an hour of conversation once a month. And of course I will take free Reiki as often as Martha wants to give it. :)

But I have come to believe at present that my best tool is between my ears. :D

It is really the only one I have, and fortunately from what I've read and from what I have experienced to a degree, it is a good one, one that can make a difference.

For many chronics with no medical recourse and no money, this is a tool they don't have to depend on anyone else for. Maybe one of the few things in some lives that they don't need someone else for.

Makes it more valuable than gold, to my mind.

Lisa

Hi Jody!

You wrote:
"If we're overwhelmed, let's speculate that there are answers and we'll find them. If we're depressed, instead of seeing emptiness stretching before us, let's envision an open road, waiting to be filled with new and wonderful things."

I like this. I like this a lot. :D

Lisa :)

Jody

Lisa,

Did I write that? I don't even remember now what I wrote. :p

That DOES sound pretty good. :D

Maybe I should go read that article myself. :rolleyes: