1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Contrasting Case Definitions: ME International Consensus Criteria vs. the Fukuda et al. CFS Criteria

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

One can see the start of the article at: http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-322563471/contrasting-case-definitions-the-me-international
    There is also a button at the end:
    Read the full-text article, try us out FREE today
    I have the full paper printed (not sure I saved it). All the data is in the tables
    Valentijn likes this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

2 pieces of data:
    The ME-ICC group had significantly worse scores on four subscales of the SF-36: Physical Functioning, Bodily Pain, Vitality and Social Functioning.
    Valentijn likes this.
  3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

See also biophile's post on these findings.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    From what I recall (if this based on the Leonard Jason study which found higher incidence of psychiatric disorder if using CCC or ICC), patients were assessed using the DSM-IV without a diagnosis of ME/CFS being taken into account. The DSM-IV allows physical symptoms of an undiagnosed medical condition to count as psychiatric symptoms.

If I sign up for the free trial to read the full paper, I'll never remember to unsubscribe in time :p

See more popular forum discussions.