1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Contrasting Case Definitions: ME International Consensus Criteria vs. the Fukuda et al. CFS Criteria

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

One can see the start of the article at: http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-322563471/contrasting-case-definitions-the-me-international
    There is also a button at the end:
    Read the full-text article, try us out FREE today
    I have the full paper printed (not sure I saved it). All the data is in the tables

Valentijn likes this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

2 pieces of data:
    The ME-ICC group had significantly worse scores on four subscales of the SF-36: Physical Functioning, Bodily Pain, Vitality and Social Functioning.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

See also biophile's post on these findings.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    From what I recall (if this based on the Leonard Jason study which found higher incidence of psychiatric disorder if using CCC or ICC), patients were assessed using the DSM-IV without a diagnosis of ME/CFS being taken into account. The DSM-IV allows physical symptoms of an undiagnosed medical condition to count as psychiatric symptoms.

If I sign up for the free trial to read the full paper, I'll never remember to unsubscribe in time :p

See more popular forum discussions.