1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Context for XMRV

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Andrew, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Cort wrote a wonderful article about the Reno Nevada conference March 12-16, 2009. Considering the date, I assume WPI already knew about XMRV but were holding off talking about it. So what they gave were the things they found in addition to XMRV. I think it gives a good idea of what's happening in the context of XMRV.
  2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Thank you Andrew, it makes me want to give out another contribution to WPI because they're doing such a good job!!!:)

After all it's Thanksgiving!
  3. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Thank you Andrew! This is amazing. Cort, why have you been keeping this under your hat? Well, you probably thought we all knew about it and seriously I'm sure I read it before but I see it with new eyes now.

Some of the comments that jumped out at me:

Okay-- I keep saying that I feel like I catch one new flu on top of another.

Yahoo! And it won't be soon enough.. I tell ya.
    No wonder the bad doctors keep saying, "It's all in your head! It's all in your head!"
    And the ignorant doctors also tell us, "Don't go reading about your illness on the Web!"
    Hey, there's Rich's methylation and the epigenetic profile people here are discussing on another thread.

♪♫"I want a new drug. One that won't make me sick. One that won't make me talk too much or make me feel thick, thick, thick."♫♪♫ ~ Huey Lewis

That's ME!
  4. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    yes

The collaboration with research in other diseases gives us a door into funding, technology and ultimately answers.

If we can't do it on our own, let's use someone else's resources to do it.

Tina
  5. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    That made me sit up

I have not had the battery of tests that some in this forum had. Most of my initial tests were for the purpose of exclusion, but that quote had me sitting up, taking notice.

When I had a psychiatric evaluation - again for exclusionary purposes - the doctor looked through my bloods and said, "Now this is interesting. This one here suggests you have cancer...." That's 17 years ago.
  6. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Martlet that is interesting. I always hear, "Your blood looks great." :rolleyes:
  7. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Same here Tee
  8. Hi, can you remember if that was Tumour Necrosis Factor? (TNF?) or TNF-a?

It could be as that's often raised in ME CFIDS and can be used as an assay in cancer evaluation.
  9. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    I still have my medical records from that time as I was seen on a military installation and they let me take my files with me when we left. So my question is... what would I look it up under to know if it's TNF or TNF-a?

See more popular forum discussions.