• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Constant nausea/anorexia

KRR

Very interesting, thanks, I'll look into this!
They don't think the gallstones are a problem - I never have pain in that area, and the stones don't seem to be blocking the duct. Still I'm using some Chinese herbs for dissolving gallstones, Lysimachia GB formula from Golden Flower herbs.

Victronix

I've tended to have a lot of gut issues all my life. Recently I had a bout of illnesses over a period of months and then a situation where my stomach had constant cramping and burning, ongoing, so that the muscles all over my upper back and neck and head got involved and were aching all the time. Plus I was having intense chills and feeling flu like almost every night. I was having to take ibuprofen every day. I assumed it was an infection of some kind, but by the second week, with no change, I went in to Kaiser. They wouldn't give me an antibiotic because I wasn't vomiting or with a high fever. They would only give me an anticholinergic, which did impact the cramps, but gave me a huge migraine by the second dose (and I don't want to just treat symptoms anyway). Realizing I did not want to get into the labyrinth of the Gastroenterology Dept, I decided to stay home and help my immune system as best I could.

Unfortunately, my symptoms were worsening -- now I had a new problem of my stomach dumping acid and consequently, my appetite greatly decreased and I often felt nauseous on waking in the morning, for hours.

But at about this time was when Fredd had his recent crash and reported that one component of his B-12 crash was stomach problems to the point of vomiting (!), which surprised me, but I realized that B-12 deficiency will really affect every part of your body that is fed by nerves -- everything. That got me thinking that maybe the new Solgar B-12 I'd started was just not up to the task. And I realized that about the time I started it was when I started getting illness after illness. What Fredd learned from his crash was that Enzymatic Therapies was the only one he could rely on as a "5 star" brand, and that Jarrow B-12 could no longer be relied on and led to his crash.

I had improved the night chills so that they were lessening, but the flu-like feeling was still coming and going, muscles hurting all over my body.

Then, within 3 days of starting the addition of just 1 Enzy per day, my stomach improved 80% overnight. It was shocking. I expect that either the better B-12 boosted my immune system, or it was a nerve issue to begin with, or it was perhaps just my body's time to get over it . . . but the timing seemed to favor the addition of Enzy.

Your situation sounds complex and unique, but you never know when a nerve issue is what may play a role in your problems. Fredd's protocol is here, in case you want to try it (he replaced Jarrow B-12 with Enzymatic Therapies B-12).

Victronix

"I don't think throwing a whole bunch of new supplements at me all at once will be a good idea, and I just don't know how to take this step by step."

Yes, I had a terrible time when I started. What ultimately worked for me was gradually increasing tiny dosages of things as I could tolerate them. If the B-12 affects you, you are deficient. I started with a basic multi-vitamin (I take Rainbow Light, but that's just a personal preference) because I had a series of deficiencies, and then Jarrow Bone-Up for minerals, Jarrow B-Right (you have to take a b-multi of some kind with B-12 or it will overwhelm you), a chewable C, and then the B-12. Just simple mixtures without high dosage intensities.

KRR

Wonderful news, Victronix, that you found one missing link that made a significant shift for you. I did start the Enzy B12 - I wasn't sure from Fredd's post whether he meant to take one of the products listed or actually all of them, but I started with the Enzy a couple of weeks ago and figure it can only help.

And I totally agree about small amounts. Fairly recently I started to use Standard Process supplements because they are totally whole food complexes, which is very different from the supplements that are really fractionated nutrients even if they are "in a base" of whole foods. I'm using Catalyn mostly, which contains very small doses of vitamins - but in that form, you don't need the high amounts that we're used to seeing.

Even though I prefer those whole food complexes for general use, I also use the protocols for particular products like Enzy B12, which are not whole food complexes, but as long as people are getting good results with them for specific issues, that's the important thing!