• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Considering nasal surgery? Beware.

ahmo

As if there's not enough to worry about! Since I'm currently experiencing a lot of congestion, I was interested to listen to this ABC Health Report program. If you're considering any sort of septum surgery, listen up. :eek::nervous:

Imagine this: your nasal cavity feels so blocked that you can’t breathe properly – to the point that you feel like you’re suffocating.

And it feels like this all the time.

But, when you go to get it checked out – there’s nothing there. Your nose might feel completely blocked up, but it’s actually completely empty.

This is the perplexing condition, Empty Nose Syndrome.
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/healthreport/empty-nose-syndrome/7638136

barbc56

As if there's not enough to worry about! Since I'm currently experiencing a lot of congestion, I was interested to listen to this ABC Health Report program. If you're considering any sort of septum surgery, listen up. :eek::nervous:

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/healthreport/empty-nose-syndrome/7638136

Empty Nose Syndrome has to be the only medical condition with a name worse than ours. If what this doctor says about his procedure is true, I think there's a chance this is a real but very rare physical illness.

Either way, it's absolutely fascinating and I want to read more about this.

I especially liked this quote.
To suffer is one thing. To suffer and be told by medical professionals that nothing is wrong? That’s enough to make some people want to end it all.