1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Congratulations on IOM presentation

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by bullybeef, Jan 27, 2014.

1. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    It's been sometime since I last frequented PR, and after just hearing PR's ME/CFS presentation, I was compelled to say I am highly impressed. A huge well done and let's hope we are heard!
  2. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Was this taped?
  3. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Nielk likes this.
  4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I think the entire thing is taped and will appear online in time, about four hours worth. All the official slides will also appear online, or so we are told. I really want to hear the Dr Enlander comment.

I think the Phoenix Rising team did a great job. Its hard to cover complex issues in only a few minutes. Fortunately the main themes were repeated again and again by other speakers. I think the IOM panel might have got a message or two.

The cookie-cutter thank yous and thank you for the slides, and your presentation is helpful, sounded a bit disingenuous after the first few, especially after a speaker who said the best thing they could do is resign.
    justinreilly, Nielk and Bob like this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I wish I could have seen this.
  6. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Well that was magnanimous of them! Or maybe they just weren't listening. ;)

All kidding aside, if they are actually taking their job seriously, they probably are glad to hear the whole gamut of thinking. I would be, if I were in their shoes. Not that I'd want to be in their shoes. :eek:
    justinreilly and barbc56 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.