• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Confusion about ME characteristics

Gingergrrl

From my understanding reading here this is backwards. If you do not catch anything that means your immune system is working overactive. With a normal immune system you would catch something and fight it off. With a weakened immune system you would catch things and they would not resolve.

I think we are saying the same thing but using different words. I described my immune system as autoimmune (and not getting cold, flu, fever etc in over four yrs) and you described it as "working overactive". This is what I meant by autoimmune (in this context) meaning that my system is so busy attacking itself in this crazy autoimmune state that it can't do anything else! I could be wrong but this is how I understood it.