May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Confused about Lyme

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by AdAstraPerAspera, Dec 26, 2017.

1. AdAstraPerAspera

AdAstraPerAspera

Oh thank you Learner that's a really good explanation! I've been told I'm homozygous for the MTHFR genetic deficiency thingo, and I know that affects methylation, so I've been taking glutathione daily. The NutrEval test sounds like a good idea. Just need to save up and decide which tests to get! I'll do some more research to find the right protocol for me. :)

2. AdAstraPerAspera

AdAstraPerAspera

Wait so, it's probably a real positive?

and thank you for all the resources, this is amazing - I've used iHerb before and it's so great. I didn't think of getting B12 there though! I'll order some, my sister has started trying it and it's helped her a lot. You're the best.

3. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Yes, definitely learn more about the methylation cycle and do the NutrEval test if you can - in many places they have a discounted pre-pay program which makes it more affordable.

4. CCC

CCC Senior Member

It's almost certainly a real positive. I've never heard of a false positive from that lab, but there have been lots of false negatives.

If you go down the Buhner path, you should

You are very fortunate to have a Lyme literate GP. Keep him in the loop because some people do need antibiotics to get better. Even if you do, it will be easier

I have also found the LymeNet forum (http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi) to be really useful.

Finally - did you say you are starting uni this year? That would make you the same age as my son. I'm impressed you finished year 12.

See more popular forum discussions.