• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

COMT (rs6269) +/+

I have COMT (rs6269) +/+. I just started my research and I don't see this variant mentioned by Dr. Yasko or heartfixer.com. Will it make me sensitive to free methyl groups like the other COMT variants?

Thanks Star. I actually asked Dr. Yasko about it on her facebook page and she just got back to me. She said it is not an SNP that she has looked at in detail and suggested I post something in her chat groups which I just did! :)

Star-Anise

Nan24
Awesome! Make sure you post back here to let us all know what you find out. I'm waiting for my 23andme results, and knowing me, it will be some mysterious thing that is not well researched as well! lol.
All the best,
S:)

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
I have COMT (rs6269) +/+. I just started my research and I don't see this variant mentioned by Dr. Yasko or heartfixer.com. Will it make me sensitive to free methyl groups like the other COMT variants?
I am COMT +/+ on at least one of the SNPs, maybe both I'd have to check - if not the other is +/-. I do not seem to be sensitive to sulfurs. This is another SNP where you have to try it and see / observe for yourself. I suspect the reason I am not sensitive to sulfurs is because I have MTHFR 1298AC which limits BH4 production and BH4 is needed to make neurotransmitters. I think there has not been enough research on COMBINATIONS of mutations to tell for sure what ffect your genes will have on your. So take what you get back as suggestions and then observe or test where possible to see how that applies to you. (SO for instance I have two CBS upregs, one also is +/+ and yet my homocysteine is HIGH, not low; also I am supposed to have difficulty getting rid of ammonia and yet I have tested blood ammonia after eating 80g protien per day and it is not elevated...so I can handle 80g which is NORMAL - the only thing I CAN'T handle is Atkins (abnormal)!) The gene map just helps assist your investigations, it is ot the end of teh story.