• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

COMT MB12 rage

Gondwanaland

Are things better for your husband today? Hope so.
Thanks for asking, he is depressed, sleepy and his lower back is locked up by pain :(
symptoms of dopamine excess, other than anxiety.
Anxiety from dopamine? I though too much serotonin would cause that
until ... the feedback mechanism kicks in, and they start making less of it!
:jaw-drop::bulb:
Three large doses and he was drastically better by bedtime.
There is something re B3 that I forget now, cholesterol? high blood sugar? I don't know... DH triglycerids and insulin are really high :wide-eyed:
For me high dose folate depleted my B1
B2 or B3 in the B complex were depleting my thiamine
For me high dose folate depleted my B1

I got the return of an old rash from supplementing benfothiamine :meh:
I wonder if it would be a good thing to give DH benfo for his insulin issues o_O

Thank you so much ladies for helping me think!!! :thumbsup::hug:

Gondwanaland

B2 made my low-back pain (inflammation) come back. Freddd said the B2 depletes mefolate, and one symptom of deficiency is inflammation.
Very confusing, as many +/+ COMT people here cannot tolerate any more than tiny doses of MeB12.
If you watched the video it explains that the inflammation comes from slow breakdown of catecholamines. B2 increases neurotransmitters and I assume MB12 and Mfolate will be used up in the breakdown, especially if someone has the slow version of the enzymes.

picante

If you watched the video it explains that the inflammation comes from slow breakdown of catecholamines. B2 increases neurotransmitters and I assume MB12 and Mfolate will be used up in the breakdown, especially if someone has the slow version of the enzymes.
Aha! Nope, I haven't watched it yet, because I'm finishing up a translation. I'm not having any more luck than you are at comprehending the big picture of COMT +/+ :confused:.