1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

COMT implicated in FM

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by cruizin, May 11, 2014.

1. cruizin

cruizin

Hi all
    I noticed this week that a recent study has connected COMT gene Val158Met polymorphism to FM. See this article for details.

http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalg...mpaign=FM&slvor=11779.1154420.0.1.0.99430&eid

I'm wandering if anyone knows whether this SNP is included in the 23 and me test( I imagine that it is a SNP?). I'm also wandering if anyone has any thoughts about minimising the problems that this variant may cause, or any other comments in general.

I was very interested that a genetic link may have been found
    Cruizin
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  2. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Yes it is tested by 23andme. It's rs4680. With the minor allele frequency at 39% I don't think it's going to be having much effect by itself.
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.