Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

COMT++ ... has anyone come up with any supps that work for this mutation?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Bansaw, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

I saw my doc last week and she says that they've found supplements for the other mutations, but not the COMT ones. I am ++ for both my COMT's.
    Anyone had success dealing with their COMTs?

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Bansaw likes this.
  3. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Senior Member

GABA + Magnesium works wonderfully.
    I'm gonna try lithium soon.
    I can tolerate hydroxycobalamin (1000 mcg) and methylfolate (400 mcg). I take methylcobalamin in very low doses.

Bansaw likes this.
  4. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Thanks Chosen...
    Do you have a natural source of GABA? My doc says I must try B12 adenosylcobalamin. She says this is the best form for my SNPs. That and possibly Hydro....
    I see you are like me, both your COMTs are +/+. Do you use the cirate form of Magnesium? Am I right in thinking that Magnesium just serves to calm you down a little, or does it do soemthing extra? I've been using Magnesium Lactate but I don't think its done anything tangible for me.

5. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Senior Member

You have MTRR/A66G+/+, so you might need some methylB12.
    I take GABA as a supplement. Yes, I use magnesium citrate. I've used magnesium oxide before, but apparently it's very bad for the intestines. Magnesium makes GABA more effective.

Bansaw likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.