• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

COMT CBS but not MTFHR! Any advice?

Helen

I can´t say what happens in your liver, but your mutations indicate that you have an increased need for B12. Maybe you should have injections daily or every second day with methylcobalamin to get what you really need (my own and others experience with fewer mutations) . At least your mutation show that you, without b12 supplementation, might have a blocked methylation and lowered level of reduced glutathione as described by Rich Van Konynenburg.

I read somewhere here that Jarrows isn´t longer as effective as before. People changed brand to ?. I think you should take some folate (you don´t need the bioactive ones as far as I can see) together with the B12 as they co-work. Best of luck!

Helen