1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

COMT CBS but not MTFHR! Any advice?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Al Klein, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Not what I was expecting, but here they are
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Can you show us the actual results? It can make a difference which CBS it is, and whether results are +/+ or +/-.
  3. I can't seem to upload the picture on the iPad! Will try later
  4. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Any mutations in the MTR and/or MTRR genes?

Helen
  5. MTRR A 66G ++
  6. MTRR A664A +-
  7. This means I don't recycle b12 does this mean I don't use up stores from the liver and hence need a supply every day? I Am taking jarrows 5000 daily sublingually and seem ok-ish
  8. Helen

Helen Senior Member

I can´t say what happens in your liver, but your mutations indicate that you have an increased need for B12. Maybe you should have injections daily or every second day with methylcobalamin to get what you really need (my own and others experience with fewer mutations) . At least your mutation show that you, without b12 supplementation, might have a blocked methylation and lowered level of reduced glutathione as described by Rich Van Konynenburg.

I read somewhere here that Jarrows isn´t longer as effective as before. People changed brand to ?. I think you should take some folate (you don´t need the bioactive ones as far as I can see) together with the B12 as they co-work. Best of luck!

Helen

See more popular forum discussions.