• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Completely lost

JES

Here is a chart showing some of the highest ranked treatments for fibromyalgia, many of them work for CFS symptoms as well. Methylation (B12 especially) is something worth looking into as was mentioned above. It's hard to be more specific than that, treatment is very individual with this disease.

mariovitali

W

Where would I get these tests you mentioned

Where would I get those two tests you mention and what would I do with results of the 23andme?

Thanks for replying

You can order your DNA test at http://23andme.com

The DNA test will be needed so that you know what could possibly be causing you problems. This includes Methylation, Liver Function, Tetrahydrobiopterin deficiency and many other things.

The other tests i wrote you can ask them from your GP as they are standard blood tests.

In the meantime could you try the following for 5 days and let us know if you feel better ?

-Avoid all sorts of Protein (Red Meat, Fish, Chicken, Egg Whites, Whey Protein etc)
-Avoid anything with Aspartame / MSG / Phenylalanine (see msgtruth.org and here for Phenylalanine)
-Eat 1-2 Egg yolks per day but not the egg whites (if you don't have High Cholesterol)
-Avoid all foods that have Folate in supplement form (for example Corn Flakes, Cheerios, etc - check the labels)
-Avoid all sources of Gluten

So you can have Rice, Potatoes, any Vegetables you like, Olive Oil (but not too much of it).

I know that the menu is not great but please try it. 5 days.

Good Luck!

Last edited: