• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

gregh286

It was in 2012 i got this test done and i'm a lot worse now so it might not be applicable any more.

Yes there is more test results and an interpretation with a guide on what to take. I tried it for a while but it was expensive and i didn't notice any difference. Maybe it would have stopped me getting worse though.

Anyway, the test results might not even be relevant to me any more but let me know if you want the documents for your own research.

try amino acids....protein shakes.
take 3-4 a day. its an easy trial.

paul80

Thanks i'll give it a try. Do you just eat the same food with it, or do you eat less?

Hey there, that's an interesting thread actually. I didn't read everything because I have constant brain fog and fatigue /mild anxiety for the last 3 years.
A blood amino acid test showed:
Elevated Arginine Levels
Low Lysine Levels
Very Low Ornithine Levels
Very Low Citrulline Levels
Elevated Mercury
Elevated Aluminium

How does that fit? Would it be wise to supplement with l-citrulline or l-ornithine?
I guess the low lysine levels are due to elevated arginine levels, because I eat a lot of high lysine foods.

I'm looking forward to try this product . http://www.pureencapsulations.com/nitric-oxide-ultra-capsules-120-s.html

Thank you for helping me out...

Regards,
Sebastian

gregh286

Hey there, that's an interesting thread actually. I didn't read everything because I have constant brain fog and fatigue /mild anxiety for the last 3 years.
A blood amino acid test showed:
Elevated Arginine Levels
Low Lysine Levels
Very Low Ornithine Levels
Very Low Citrulline Levels
Elevated Mercury
Elevated Aluminium

How does that fit? Would it be wise to supplement with l-citrulline or l-ornithine?
I guess the low lysine levels are due to elevated arginine levels, because I eat a lot of high lysine foods.

I'm looking forward to try this product . http://www.pureencapsulations.com/nitric-oxide-ultra-capsules-120-s.html

Thank you for helping me out...

Regards,
Sebastian

Personally I dont recommend going after targeting specific aminos. I used high arginine for 2016 and it must have played havoc with other amino balances.

Take broad spectrum amino shakes, body will take what it needs and it will discard what it does'nt. Same with vitamins.

Ron davies used protein powder with Whitney Dafoe to good effect, and Whitney is very severe,
When I took high dose arginine what i started this thread, i thought i was low in NO.

Actually what i think happened, and i did mention this, that arginine "masks" ME symptoms by creating extreme vasodilation in cells that increases toxin removal from cells that is due to undermethlyation, poor glutathione, poor anti oxidant status or whatever else tortures our souls. so, actually arginine only tackle symptoms.

High dose amino tackle root cause.

Thank you for answering, I'm taking this amino acid complex: http://www.pureencapsulations.com/amino-nr-180-s.html

Targeted amino acids, adrenal support and neurotransmitter balancing...but you don't recommend targeted amino acids? I don't quite understand :)

I just need to figure out what is going on. My brain fog is not blood sugar related, nor food related. (Although I'm having a really healthy sort of paleo diet which improved my symptoms so that I can walk all day without problems)
So you don't think either citrulline or arginine is worth a shot.
My Holo-TC levels are elevated, so are my folate levels...but my homocystein is low. Something doesn't fit.

Thank you ;)

gregh286

Thank you for answering, I'm taking this amino acid complex: http://www.pureencapsulations.com/amino-nr-180-s.html

Targeted amino acids, adrenal support and neurotransmitter balancing...but you don't recommend targeted amino acids? I don't quite understand :)

I just need to figure out what is going on. My brain fog is not blood sugar related, nor food related. (Although I'm having a really healthy sort of paleo diet which improved my symptoms so that I can walk all day without problems)
So you don't think either citrulline or arginine is worth a shot.
My Holo-TC levels are elevated, so are my folate levels...but my homocystein is low. Something doesn't fit.

Thank you ;)

Ignore my signature, i didnt update since Feb when i did target arginine only

http://www.pureencapsulations.com/amino-nr-180-s.html
These are not strong enough,,,,,they are very low in amino profile.
look at the amount in a 30g serving of PHD
http://www.phd-supplements.com/phar...e.html?rocket=product-customers-also-viewed#b

brain fog is toxin build up,,,had it many times.
my homocystine low also......thats ok,,,,

gregh286

: burn glucose, burn fats, or burn amino acids.

In the patients he’s been studying, it looks like glycolosis is badly broken; glucose is just getting turned into fatty acids, which are then probably just being stored because it seems these patients can’t burn fat very well either. Eating amino acids, then, might be a useful source of energy for some patients: his son Whitney used to sit there eagerly eating spoon after spoon of them: horrible though they tasted, he seemed to get a lot of energy that way.

Davis has also found an ‘unbelievable’ biotin deficiency in Whitney, and said that when one patient added biotin to his treatment, that “totally turned him around.” Showing detail from the analysis of another patient, he presented a slide showing tryptophan deficiency (a pathway highlighted earlier by Mady Hornig), from which they concluded (correctly, as it turned out) that the patient must have an infection.

Looking for infectious agents is important, he said, but also it seems to Davis that in ME/CFS patients the mitochondria have just shut down somehow, perhaps as part of a natural protective process. He speculated that perhaps this becomes the most efficient way to function once there are so many deficiencies that the body is unable to “restart.”

ron davis
june 2016

Alright ;) But wouldn't the high dose amino acids increase ammonia which is part of the problem? ;) Having low ornithine could indicate that. But then again, some people say that until your liver is really killed, ammonia isn't a problem.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Anyway, I will empty the Amino NR Box I just have, upping the dosage a bit.
But I agree, it seems you have to fuel up your body so it can start again, like a lawn mower ^^
Sure there are infections going on, I just don't know If reducing the pathoghen load by various means seem to do the trick. My tryptophan is in the very low normal range. I'm more worried about ornithine and citrulline and how to improve that.

Thank you gregh286!

gregh286

hi,
so, i have narrowed down to the "magic" amino acids belong to l-glutamine and AAKG in my case, but they need to be taken together, around 10g Glutamine + 3 or 4g AKG, 3 times a day.

I also recently added in biotin, which may or not help the situation. So, only these 3 items I take now.

But these 3 seem to work unreal wonders for me, I can feel myself "turning" about 1 hour after ingestion, an energy surge,...a power boot up,,,not sure whether effect is on krebs cycle and/or NO synthesis. AAKG had large effect on both citric acid cycle and NO synthesis.

Coincidentally, i stumbled on this this site, a guy that uses an Glutamine/Ornithine/AKG mix for complete relief.
Been exchanging a few emails, and hes been doing all sorts of iron man stuff.
http://cfsandme.co.uk/effect.html

KEEP THE FAITH People!

gregh286

Alright ;) But wouldn't the high dose amino acids increase ammonia which is part of the problem? ;) Having low ornithine could indicate that. But then again, some people say that until your liver is really killed, ammonia isn't a problem.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Anyway, I will empty the Amino NR Box I just have, upping the dosage a bit.
But I agree, it seems you have to fuel up your body so it can start again, like a lawn mower ^^
Sure there are infections going on, I just don't know If reducing the pathoghen load by various means seem to do the trick. My tryptophan is in the very low normal range. I'm more worried about ornithine and citrulline and how to improve that.

Thank you gregh286!

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2012/01/20/nitric-oxide-productio/

Sidney

I have only just found this thread, alas...I am totally ignore of the chemistry, which so many of you understand , so I have a simple question:

Since last May I've been taking ( amongst other things), at Stanford CFS clinic's advice, 5-10 grams /day of L-glutamine. Does taking just one amino acid, when there are so many, unbalance the system?

With CFS, I have Sjögren's, etc, various autoimmune situations for the last 3 years; I have had Ménière's disease, and bad Raynaud's, since adolescence. Now I find it hard to stand up for long. On bad days not at all. I've always thought something vascular was going on.

kangaSue

With CFS, I have Sjögren's, etc, various autoimmune situations for the last 3 years; I have had Ménière's disease, and bad Raynaud's, since adolescence. Now I find it hard to stand up for long. On bad days not at all. I've always thought something vascular was going on.
Have you been tested for Autoimmune Vasculitis before? It can be a factor in Sjogren's, Raynaud,s and Menieres Disease. I'm not sure about CFS but it can cause otherwise unexplained ischemia so as ischemia does occur with CFS, it can fit for that too. An ANCA (Antineutrophil cytoplasmic) antibody blood test detects vasculitis, not sure if it covers all varieties of it though and you should typically also have elevated ESR and C-Reactive protein.

gregh286

I have only just found this thread, alas...I am totally ignore of the chemistry, which so many of you understand , so I have a simple question:

Since last May I've been taking ( amongst other things), at Stanford CFS clinic's advice, 5-10 grams /day of L-glutamine. Does taking just one amino acid, when there are so many, unbalance the system?

i think broad based amino is better.
if you look at phd protein shakes have 7g of glutamine anyway.
might as well fire one of those into you.
least you will have added additional aminos also.

gregh286

@gregh286 what happened with your bh4 trial?

i dont think bh4 supplement is real long term fix anyway.
we have a dysfunction in the citric acid cycle that disrupts NO synthesis. i think our bh4 levels will move up and down accordingly to the state of disruption.

See, bh4 made from GTP.

GTP is derived from the succinyl-COA pathway.

and guess what, succinyl COA pathway is from AAKG...viola,,,,cfs

this why we have so many neurological issues cause the bh4 disruption affect neurohormone output.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succinyl-CoA

Sidney

Have you been tested for Autoimmune Vasculitis before? It can be a factor in Sjogren's, Raynaud,s and Menieres Disease. I'm not sure about CFS but it can cause otherwise unexplained ischemia so as ischemia does occur with CFS, it can fit for that too. An ANCA (Antineutrophil cytoplasmic) antibody blood test detects vasculitis, not sure if it covers all varieties of it though and you should typically also have elevated ESR and C-Reactive protein.

I have not been tested, but now I intend to be. The only test you mention, whose name I recognise, is C-Reactive protein. In fact I have never heard of Autoimmune Vasculitis before, but it it seems to fit many things.
Thank you for describing the test - at least I can try to get something investigated - new hope??
I am very very grateful!