• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
But how do you know if you have candida?
Surely 1 tablet of flucanzole and its end of story? Would there not be external symptoms....jock itch....white tongue and.so on.
Not sure, but I seem to have all the symptoms including the ones you mentioned.

I don't know about fluconazole as I've never tried it. Everything I've ever read online seems to indicate that it's nearly impossible to get rid of candida once it's become systemic.

I will also add that I got some minor relief from the NO2 Black, but I got the feeling that my system was having a hard time producing NO in sufficient quantities. Just an intuitive observation, but it almost felt as if something was blocking it from being effective.

One of the few things that seems to really help is Miyarisan (Clostridium Butyricum) which is known to compete with Candida. I feel better and notice that my tongue clears up when I take it.

gregh286

Not sure, but I seem to have all the symptoms including the ones you mentioned.

I don't know about fluconazole as I've never tried it. Everything I've ever read online seems to indicate that it's nearly impossible to get rid of candida once it's become systemic.

I will also add that I got some minor relief from the NO2 Black, but I got the feeling that my system was having a hard time producing NO in sufficient quantities. Just an intuitive observation, but it almost felt as if something was blocking it from being effective.

One of the few things that seems to really help is Miyarisan (Clostridium Butyricum) which is known to compete with Candida. I feel better and notice that my tongue clears up when I take it.

Its interesting you mention tongue.....I always have bad geographic and a furry tongue....garden of life probiotic clears it up to some degree and if I keep drinking strong lemon water...but its far from normal. I always thought it may be related, I may try the Miyarisan. Candida is critical part of gut flora...cant eradicate it all.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I may try the Miyarisan.
I should warn you that many people have had issues with it, so be careful. If you do try it, start off very slowly with one tablet and gradually increase the dosage.

I'm not very sensitive to many supplements, I started on a full dose of NO2 Black with no problem, but Miyarisan is one of the few things I've had to build up slowly over time. I'm assuming this may be due to candida dying off.

You might want to read up on this thread before proceeding...

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

I also plan on trying Saccharomyces Boulardii sometime in the near future.

Battery Muncher

Anyone who has taken these pills:

Did you find them hard to swallow?

I often have problems swallowing, so I was wondering if they were particularly large, uncoated etc.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates

I often have problems swallowing, so I was wondering if they were particularly large, uncoated etc.
They are big, and some reviewers on amazon complained they are hard to swallow. They are large and uncoated. I personally had no trouble swallowing them, but I don't often have problems swallowing.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant

No, for all that they are huge, the shape makes them relatively easy to swallow. I did try cutting them because I was playing about with the dosage (I think that body builder quantities may not be appropriate for pwME) but the cut edges dragged on my throat as they were going down.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
No, for all that they are huge, the shape makes them relatively easy to swallow. I did try cutting them because I was playing about with the dosage (I think that body builder quantities may not be appropriate for pwME) but the cut edges dragged on my throat as they were going down.

You can buy cheap pill-crushers from pharmacies, which might have helped.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Think there were some reasons posted for not cutting or crushing them earlier in this thread, you may want to check :)

That was me:
A lot of extended-release medications have instructions that say DO NOT CUT THE TABLETS, otherwise you might lose some of the extended-release benefit, and then risk having a lot of the medication dumped into your system all at once.

I didn't see any instructions on boxes of NO2 Black regarding cutting the tablets, but I think cutting them might possibly defeat some of the extended-release properties.

JES

There was no enteric coating on the tablets I got, I cut them in half and they looked exactly the same from the inside as from the outside. So crushing shouldn't be an issue.

clive powney

been on these tablets since 18/4/16 (started at 1 per day and moved up by 1 per day until I was on 8). I am doing quite well at the moment and seem to have a bit more energy and have the willingness to do things and have been quite busy the last 3 days or so and enjoyed mowing the lawn and painting the decking etc. Posting I am doing well is usually the kiss of death, so I may well eat my words!!! I have added in l-citrilline 500mg today and will up this to 500mg twice a day tomorrow and see if there is any further feeling of enthusiasm. I need to keep an eye on my blood pressure as it may be rising a little - it was 125/80 (on BP meds) and is now 138/88 still on BP meds. I may well try a low dose 75mg of aspirin soon to add in , but am waiting for the l-citrilline to settle in first. So far so good!

Battery Muncher

been on these tablets since 18/4/16 (started at 1 per day and moved up by 1 per day until I was on 8). I am doing quite well at the moment and seem to have a bit more energy and have the willingness to do things and have been quite busy the last 3 days or so and enjoyed mowing the lawn and painting the decking etc.

How has it affected your ability to recover and handle lactic acid buildup?