1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Complete anhedonia (loss of feelings) as a ME symptom. Anyone else who has it?

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by redo, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

@xks201
    There is an account here of someone with depression who got "improvements in concentration, energy, anhedonia and libido" from taking human growth hormone (HGH).

I have tried the hormone IGF-1 (which is found in deer velvet antler supplements like this Nutronics Labs product), but have never tried HGH injections.

IGF-1 is released in the body in when HGH is secreted, and so increased IGF-1 is one of the results of taking HGH. But I understand that HGH has a wider span of activity, compared to IGF-1 on its own.

In my tests of taking IGF-1 from deer velvet antler for a week or so, I found that IGF-1 improved my sleep a lot, and improved libido, but made me very aggressive and irritable, so I had to stop taking IGF-1, because I became too short tempered.

The dosage I used was around 700 to 1400 nanograms of IGF-1 per day, from a Nutronics Labs deer velvet antler product.

amaru7 likes this.
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

By the way, the symptoms of adult human growth hormone deficiency are:

Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency Symptoms

Psychological and Cognitive symptoms
    Anxiety, apprehension, nervousness.
    Shyness, withdrawal from others, feelings of social isolation.
    Sadness, hopelessness, depression.
    Labile emotions.
    Poor memory and impaired concentration.

It is unknown whether this impairment in psychological well being is associated specifically with GH deficiency or is due to another factor associated with hypopituitarism.

Sexual
    Decrease in sexual function and interest (low libido). This is associated with hair loss and baldness in men.

Energy Levels
    Fatigue, tiredness, and reduced vitality.
    Decreased energy due to decreased metabolic rate.
    Lower tolerance to exercise (due to decreased cardiac output), decrease in strength and stamina.

Metabolic
    High levels of LDL (the "bad") cholesterol.
    Changes in blood cholesterol concentrations (increase in LDL and decrease in HDL).
    Low blood sugar (dizziness or fainting weakness or tiredness, headaches).
    Insulin resistance.
    Elevated triglyceride levels.
    Increased sensitivity to cold or heat.

Heart and Circulation
    Increased arterial plaque and blood pressure.
    Increased vascular wall thickness.
    Weakened heart muscle contraction and heart rate.
    Heart problems.
    Cool peripheries (cold hand and feet).
    Poor venous access.

Muscles
    Decreased muscle mass (muscle size) and strength.
    Reduced exercise performance.
    Decrease in lean body mass (muscle).
    Increase in weight and fat deposition all over the body, particularly, about with waist.

Body Weight and Body Fat
    Decreased lean body mass.
    Weight gain, especially around the waist and trunk.

Bones
    Decrease in bone density, making the bones brittle and weak.
    Increase in rate of fracture in middle age and beyond.

Skin
    Dry, thin skin.
    The texture and quality of the skin becomes poor.
    The skin becomes thinner, it looses its elasticity and fine lines and wrinkles make an appearance.

Hair
    Baldness (in men).

Sleep
    Sleep problems.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

There is also this questionnaire to determine whether you are affected by low growth hormone. The questions are:

I have to struggle to finish jobs
    I feel a strong need to sleep during the day
    I often feel lonely even when I am with other people
    I have to read things several times before they sink in
    It is difficult for me to make friends
    It takes a lot of effort for me to do simple tasks
    I have difficulty controlling my emotions
    I often lose track of what I want to say
    I lack confidence
    I have to push myself to do things
    I often feel very tense
    I feel as if I let people down
    I find it hard to mix with people
    I feel worn out even when I’ve not done anything
    There are times when I feel very low
    I avoid responsibility if possible
    I avoid mixing with people I don’t know well
    I feel as if I am a burden to people
    I often forget what people have said to me
    I find it difficult to plan ahead
    I am easily irritated by other people
    I often feel too tired to do the things I ought to do
    I have to force myself to do all the things that need doing
    I often have to force myself to stay awake
    My memory lets me down

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  3. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

It is wrong to assume that these deer antler products have standardized IGF-1. You can't compare it to true IGF-1 or GH. I've tried the deer antler products - multiple brands. No comparison. Most GH deficient patients with fatigue take months of GH therapy to improve physically. Whatever small amount they have is no comparison to the amount you would get from a GH shot.

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Which velvet deer antler IGF-1 product did you try? I tried various, but most have very little IGF-1 in them, so most did not produce very noticeable results.

For example, the NOW Foods IGF-1+ Liposomal Spray has only 27.5 ng of IGF-1 per serving.

The VesPro IGF-1 MAX product is a little better with 200 ng per serving.

But the strongest product I took was the Nutronics Labs IGF-1 Plus Maximum (100,000 nanograms), which has a massive 1666 ng per serving.

This very potent Nutronics Labs product I took caused powerful aggression side effects. These effects were blatant and very noticeable. I mean, it was pretty much like "roid rage". But I did not get this aggression from the NOW Foods product, nor the VesPro product. Ergo, the IGF-1 doses quoted on these various product labels would seem to be roughly correct.

Have you ever tried this highly potent Nutronics Labs product?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  5. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

I have not but I have done massive amounts of GH (10+ius) per night which would translate to an IGF-1 level far greater than from a nutronics lab dose of that and definitely experienced no aggression from GH. I think the aggression could be from something else hormonal found in the deer antler honestly because I have never once heard anyone getting aggressive on GH or even synthetic actual lab made IGF-1. lol I'm not saying it didn't happen to you but most likely it was from something else in the deer antler.

I have also taken pretty much every popular anabolic steroid - even the ones that supposedly make you extremely aggressive and that also depends on the individual. Roid rage is kind of a myth really - there are tons of people that can take lots of roids and not get any more aggressive than normal.

6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

A couple of other hormonal supplements have also given me "roid rage" side effects when I took them. DHEA in doses of 50 mg or above causes these strong aggression side effects in me. And Tribulus terrestris, a herb which is thought to boost testosterone levels, creates strong aggression side effects in me. So perhaps I am just susceptible to this aggression side effect from hormones. Normally I am very laid back, so this "roid rage" side effect is out of character.

See more popular forum discussions.