• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complementary and alternative healthcare use by participants in the PACE trial of treatments for CFS

Asa

For what it's worth, both the Journal of Psychosomatic Research and The Lancet are owned by Elsevier. From wikipedia: "In 2015, Elsevier reported a profit margin of approximately 37% on revenues of £2.070billion.Elsevier's high profit margins, and especially its copyright practices have subjected it to heavy criticism by researchers..."

Also here's a link to JPR's editors and board... http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-psychosomatic-research/editorial-board

Sharpe, Wessely, White are all listed as on the Journal of Psychosomatic Research advisory board.

Woolie

I'd be interested in knowing how they justified splitting CAM from CBT/GET/APT.
Yea, I love how they think they're so much better than CAM. Is this because the evidence supporting CBT/GET is so much stronger than for CAM? :confused: Or because they are "proper" researchers, part of the establishment, so therefore automatically above CAM?

I'm not much of a CAM user myself, but I find it completely hypocrticial that researchers like these - who look for support for their own beliefs rather than actually putting them to the test - should look down their noses at CAM.