Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Compilation of Papers related to Intestinal Permiability and Translocation of Gut Microbiota

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by M Paine, Jun 30, 2016.

1. M Paine

M Paine Senior Member

Auckland, New Zealand
    This is a compilation of Research papers which have findings related to CFS and:
    • Intestinal Permeability
    • Translocation of Commensal Gut Microbiota or their components
    (Papers are in chronological order)

Reduced diversity and altered composition of the gut microbiome in individuals with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome
    Jun 2016 - Giloteaux - Forum post

Failure of gut-associated pDCs to express membrane bound APRIL and BAFF prevents their ability to promote low-affinity IgA expression in ME/CFS
    May 2016 - Lombardi - Forum Post

Changes in Gut and Plasma Microbiome following Exercise Challenge in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
    Dec 2015 - Shukla - Forum Post

Assessment of intestinal tight junction proteins in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    Dec 2014 - Passmore

In myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, increased autoimmune activity against 5-HT is associated with immuno-inflammatory pathways and bacterial translocation
    Sep 2013 - Maes

Increased IgA responses to the LPS of commensal bacteria is associated with inflammation and activation of cell-mediated immunity in chronic fatigue syndrome
    Feb 2012 - Maes

Normalization of leaky gut in chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is accompanied by a clinical improvement: Effects of age, duration of illness and the translocation of LPS from gram-negative bacteria
    Dec 2008 - Maes

Increased serum IgA and IgM against LPS of enterobacteria in chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS): Indication for the involvement of gram-negative enterobacteria in the etiology of CFS and for the presence of an increased gut–intestinal permeability
    Apr 2007 - Maes

This thread is a work in progress, please feel free to suggest other related papers. Also, if you have links to related Pheonix Rising Forum Posts about these papers which I don't have a link already for, let me know so I can add them.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    MEMum, medfeb, ScottTriGuy and 12 others like this.
  2. M Paine

M Paine Senior Member

Auckland, New Zealand
    (Reserving post for possible further information, or for non-CFS papers)

See more popular forum discussions.