1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Comparison of CFS and CRPS Demographics

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by PoetInSF, Mar 21, 2010.

1. PoetInSF

PoetInSF Senior Member

SF
    I recently heard about CRPS, some sort of sympathetic nerve disorder. Did some googling, and found that its demographics is strikingly similar to CFS (4:1 female to male, mostly 40s and 50s):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12749974

No idea what that means, if any, I just thought it was interesting. It's a real disorder btw, triggered usually by an injury. (ie, no debate about it being psychosomatic, etc.)
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    I was diagnosed with this, after a minor shoulder injury caused by a ski-ing accident. Six months after the injury the pain got worsebecame neuropathic and then gradually spread all over my back arms and shoulders. I had odd pins and needles and the slightest touch caused pain. It gradually resolved over 2 years, and then became more typical fibro pain.

When I had the accident, I was in a long remission from ME, which I first had 20 years earlier. I see this accident as leading to my additional diagnosis of fibro, and then, over the next few years, more severe ME symptoms.

I think it's fairly likely that there's some kind of neurological abnormality that is similar in the three conditions.

Jenny

See more popular forum discussions.