1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Comparison of CFS and CRPS Demographics

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by PoetInSF, Mar 21, 2010.

1. PoetInSF

PoetInSF Senior Member

SF
    I recently heard about CRPS, some sort of sympathetic nerve disorder. Did some googling, and found that its demographics is strikingly similar to CFS (4:1 female to male, mostly 40s and 50s):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12749974

No idea what that means, if any, I just thought it was interesting. It's a real disorder btw, triggered usually by an injury. (ie, no debate about it being psychosomatic, etc.)
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    I was diagnosed with this, after a minor shoulder injury caused by a ski-ing accident. Six months after the injury the pain got worsebecame neuropathic and then gradually spread all over my back arms and shoulders. I had odd pins and needles and the slightest touch caused pain. It gradually resolved over 2 years, and then became more typical fibro pain.

When I had the accident, I was in a long remission from ME, which I first had 20 years earlier. I see this accident as leading to my additional diagnosis of fibro, and then, over the next few years, more severe ME symptoms.

I think it's fairly likely that there's some kind of neurological abnormality that is similar in the three conditions.

Jenny

See more popular forum discussions.