1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Commons Committee criticises lack of transparency in clinical trials

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Shell, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    Just came across this report in Pharma Times It seems that "data transparency was a primary concern of the inquiry".
    I have doubts (big ones) about the efficacy of Govt in ensuring good scientific ethics and protocols, but for publically funded trials, yes, they need to be fully reported and published.
    It's pretty bad when people have to put in FOIs to get data that should automatically be published.
    Valentijn, Ritto, aimossy and 2 others like this.
  2. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    They gave qualified support to making raw data available:
    Which is fine, so long as the gatekeeper is genuinely independent and isn't there to prevent uncomfortable findings from emerging. Very often re-analysis will produce findings that challenge the original author's interpretation - and is some ways that is the most valuable thing about making data availalble: scrutiny.
    Shell, Valentijn, wdb and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.