1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Comments on CDC XMRV study

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by V99, Jul 4, 2010.

1. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.retrovirology.com/content/7/1/57/comments#414715

2. pamb

pamb Senior Member

Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Nice to see so many well thought out comments at Retrovirology. Thanks for sharing them.

This whole soap opera just has to be at least one more book in the making. It is so incredible if someone wrote it as fiction it would be laughed at as too far fetched.

Despite the delays I still feel more hope now than I have in a very long time. Bless the scientific community for not letting this go unnoticed. I hope Dr. DeFreitas and all the CFS Docs who have stood by their patients for so many years will soon enough be richly rewarded with a great big "I TOLD YOU SO"
  3. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    great job Justin and Kelly Latta, if you are reading :Retro smile: I hope more good comments get published
  4. Karin

Karin

Just read 'And The Band Played On', a book about the history of AIDS in America, and you'll see the incredible mess AIDS research was early on, all the while people were dying in horrible ways. All the political crap that was going on, fights, denial, blaming game, resulting in years of unnecessaily delays and hundreds of thousand of people dying. I am reading this book right now and it is really interesting to see the parallels with what is going on XMRV-wise, though the times and situations are different, it still hints to me that we have seen NOTHING yet, and that as said in this book somewhere, the 'light at the end of the tunnel might well be an incoming train'.
  5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

6. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Thank you Dolphin.

If anyone runs across Tom K., please thank him for shredding the CDC so precisely. :)
  7. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Hear, hear! Great job by all!
  8. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Agree with George. Go CFS team :victory:

See more popular forum discussions.