• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Comment my blood tests results please

Hi all,

Could you please comment my blood test results? I'm going to receive the diagnosis from my doctor in a few days, but I'm curious and want to hear other opinions. I guess that chlamydia is the major cause of my problems. I hope that the results are internationally understandable. The only thing that can be difficult to decrypt is the MSSA in the left side of a throat (throat and nasal swab tests were done too).

Do you see anything what is in the range, but can be causing problems? E.g. TSH is quite high, but in the range.
Do you miss something in the tests?
What and how difficult will be the treatment?
Am I a threat for others? Should I avoid newborns, preggies?

Symptoms:
1) Fatigue, I sleep around 8 hours during work days and 9-10 during weekends, I stay at home during weekends instead of doing sports as I was used to
2) back pain - I have bad back, but it was stabilized for a long time. It got worse about half a year ago, it is stiffer, sometimes blocked, it cracks more than before when stretching, sitting for longer period is uncomfortable. I do exercises every day but it doesn't get much better.
3) Permanent mild sore throat in the last few months
4) pulsing (probably in muscles?) - It feels like bubbles pops inside the muscles (all over the body, not simultaneously). I feel it particularly in the evening when in a bed. It's not annoying, but I guess that healthy person doesn't experience it
5) corner lip cracks - nothing serious, but again: i think that healthy person doesn't have corner lip cracks every 1-2 months. + I have been having permanent mild dandruff in hair and occasionally in eyebrow and beside the nose since pubescence.

I feel little hypochondric when I read other's people much severe symptoms, but I'm not even 30 and I clearly see that my life has changed... I live like a old man in the last few months :)

Thank you

Attachments

• tests.png
    tests.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 60

halcyon

Have you had any gastrointestinal symptoms? It looks like you might have a recent Yersinia enterocolitica infection (IgM but not IgG positive.) Perhaps this might also explain the eosinophilia, but that's a total guess.

It also looks like you have elevated total IgE. Do you have any allergy symptoms?

Thinktank

Elevated IgE and elevated eosinophils, that might indicate allergy or a maybe a parasitic infection.
TSH is not optimal, maybe want to test FT3 as well and repeat after 2 months.
Do you have gastritis? Maybe follow up on the H. Pylori.

Gastrointestinal symptoms - I'm not aware of and don't remember any distinctive symptoms. No stomach pain, bowel movement seems normal to me (frequency, color, amount, density, speed... :)) Maybe my stomach is little louder when I'm hungry or when I'm in situation when I have to retain gas for longer period. But I guess that this is hard to measure and determine what's normal.

Allergy symptoms - None. I only noticed in last few years, when I start sweating, the torso sometimes gets itchy. But it is only for few minutes from the moment when the skin starts to produce sweat.

msf

Hi Peter_xo. I would definitely ask your doctor about the Yersinia result, as Halycon suggested. My ME was triggered by a Yersinia infection that went untreated. Most people get rid of this infection on their own, but others (like me) develop chronic Yersiniosis or Reactive Arthritis.

How long have you been ill for?

My eosinophils were slightly elevated when I first contracted Yersinia.

Oh, and Yersinia can cause a sore throat (exudative pharyngitis).

I´m not sure what you mean by popping, but I developed fasciculations a few weeks after I contracted Yersinia. I also had frequent cold sores.

Finally, Yersinia can cause lower back pain (sacroiliac joint).

msf

As for avoiding people, I think you should avoid newborns and pregnant women, like you said. It´s difficult to transmit Yersinia (if you wash your hands after going to the toilet), but it does seem to happen on occasion (you may have contracted it this way).

msf

I would also ask about the significance of the Chlamydia, Mycoplasma and Anaplasma results - these may all add up to having been bitten by a tick.

How long have you been ill for?
That's diffucult to say - Few years ago, I started to be sometimes sleepy at the weekends, and I also noticed that the regeneration from regular trips (few days in the Alps with bikes or skis + alcohol + lack of sleep) took longer than before. But it didn't have an impact on my life, i just only felt tired sometimes. It has changed about half a year ago, one day my lower back got really stiff, it felt like someone punched me in that area. From that time, I also slowly started to be more tired, sleep little bit more and cut down on sports. I had herniated disc about 5 years ago, but I don't remember I had so stiff back that time. For about 5 days, even walking was painful. Then it got little better, but still I feel the stiffness. The most disturbing think is that I feel that the my life has changed in the last few months. I'm single and don't have almost no duties except work, but due to fatigue, I have no urge to do anything.

Yes, fasciculations is probably the correct term for what I'm experiencing, I didn't know that. I had it only in the legs few years ago, then it spreads to whole body. But it is very mild and it doesn't bother me at all as much as fatigue and back pain.

I don't even remember when I had a tick last time. I'm pretty sure I had no tick in the last 10 years. But I could have been bitten without the tick stayed leeched, of course.

msf

Yes, my fasciculations started in my legs too. As I said, Yersinia could be the cause of your lower back pain, so ask your doctor about it.

Daffodil

@peter_x0 ...the dandruff/flaking is caused by fungus overgrowth on skin/scalp. it happens when immune system is a little weaker and/or gut microbes are imbalanced. for immediate relief, i use a shampoo called Loprox/Steiprox on scalp and skin.

if you want to be more sure whether or not you have Lyme, you can get the LTT ELISPOT test.

good luck!
xox