Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Combination of pregabalin with duloxetine for fibromyalgia: A randomized controlled trial

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by shannah, Mar 19, 2016.

1. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Out of Canada:

Abstract

Fibromyalgia is a syndrome characterized by chronic widespread pain and associated with sleep disturbance, depression, fatigue and cognitive dysfunction. Polypharmacy is commonly used but supportive evidence is limited. Most fibromyalgia trials focus primarily on pain reduction with monotherapy. This trial compares a pregabalin-duloxetine combination to each monotherapy.

SUMMARY:

This double-blind randomized controlled trial demonstrates improved outcomes with a pregabalin-duloxetine combination over either single drug for fibromyalgia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26982602

panckage likes this.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    That's Lyrica and Cymbalta for those who don't know the generic names.

panckage and shannah like this.
  3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Thanks @Sushi I was getting ready to look these up. Unfortunately, I can't take either one but would be interested if others have tried this.

Interesting topic @shannah

shannah and Sushi like this.
  4. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    Lyrica makes me brain dead and cymbalta makes me sleep for 20 hours a day. I guess being braindead and unconciious is one way to deal with pain :rofl:

*GG* and shannah like this.

See more popular forum discussions.