Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Colostrum?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by LIJ, Nov 3, 2013.

1. LIJ

LIJ

Has anyone tried colostrum as an immune modulating treatment? The theory is that colostrum contins stuff that works in the same way as gammaglobuline, I think.

2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I have tried it before, but now I avoid casein because I think it can damage gut lining.

I believe any benefit I got from it was probably because I was lacking in some nutrients, but I am not sure. I am bad about trying multiple treatments at once.

3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I've tried Transfer Factor which is better than colostrum because it is much more powerful.

The one I used wasn't that good although I did feel ok slightly better when I first started it.

I'm going to be starting another one once I get some other things going. The one recommended to me was Researched Nutrionals Plasmyc. That's a bit pricey so I may try the Multi-immune. I found some people talking about them on Pro Health and except for one person, people had great results.

Beyond likes this.
  4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I am using the kirkland hypoallergenic one. I added to the Kefir. I cannot use it everyday because it causes me very strong reactions, but I would love to build up to it.

Beyond likes this.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    From what I read you have to start really slow on them because they can be really powerful, but the results can be pretty good

6. paul80

paul80

SickOfSickness, sent you a PM.

7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    i was using colostrum and beta glucan in the hope that it would help my immune system when i went off valcyte which only lasted 2 months, also saw no increase in nk numbers:(
    Maybe different brands could make a difference. Lactoferron which they get from colostrum may be more effective??

8. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    I have severe gut problems and read about colostrum helping with that. I get grassfed, no additives colostrum from New Zealand. I've been taking a low dose of 2 capsules and yes it does help. It's subtle but has helped me gain about 5% energy recently and I do feel more perky.

rosie26 and Beyond like this.
  9. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Any updates from people taking colostrum?

10. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    I do well on it. It does cause wind but not too much. I feel a bit more energised on it too.

Beyond likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.