Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Colonoscopy - can it change the flora or cause loose bowel?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Peyt, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi,
    I had a colonoscopy done over a month ago and since then I have been having loose bowel.
    It's strange because prior to this colonoscopy I had usually had constipation....

My question is: can a simple colonoscopy change the gut flora or create loose bowel?
    I just started eating yogurt today to see if that helps.
    Your suggestions/comments are appreciated

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Id like to know. I did read that they can't see bacteria but if it removed a lot during the prep maybe.?

Maybe start slamming probiotics too and and good flora. More than you can get in yogurt

My last one 5 years ago I had no issues.

3. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

I had an appointment today with my ND and he said it's pretty common that the solution they had me drink the day before Colonoscopy wiped out alot of the good bacteria... He suggested I get on a probiotic called VSL#3 which I just bought and will try.... I remember 7 years ago when I had my colonoscopy the Dr. did not have me take that solution prior and I did not have any of these post-colonoscopy problems so what my ND said totally makes sense........

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.