1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by energyoverload, May 14, 2010.

  1. energyoverload

    energyoverload Senior Member

    Messages:
    105
    Likes:
    54
    London
    Hi everyone,

    I'm wondering if anyone has any experience at all with using colloidal silver - I know there's a lot of misleading press saying 'it can turn you blue' etc. but if you buy a good brand they say it's safe. Do you think this could have any effect against all the secondary infections - so regardless of XMRV; if the secondary infections are symptomatic and XMRV solely suppresses the immune system and is not of its own symptomatic etiology. Would this have any effect? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  2. leaves

    leaves Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,193
    Likes:
    15
    I believe silver is toxic for many small organisms, but also for bigger organisms (humans) I'd say be careful.


  3. Frank

    Frank Senior Member

    Messages:
    848
    Likes:
    7
    Europe
    Yes be careful. I keep silver if i one day end up with some very serious infectious disease that can be tracked (MRSA maybe). It's my believe trying to kill it is not always the right option, try to repair the whole system/terrain.
  4. Misfit Toy

    Misfit Toy Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,434
    Likes:
    1,310
    I tried it twice and didn't turn blue but green. I was so sick, I didn't know what hit me. Many think it's a great thing, but I think it's toxic. Could be wrong. But...got sick on it like I had been poisoned.
  5. gracenote

    gracenote All shall be well . . .

    Messages:
    1,508
    Likes:
    42
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I did colloidal silver IVs for a while. I know many others who did, too. I would have die off reactions, but other than that, tolerated it well. I had to stop for unrelated reasons.
  6. SaraM

    SaraM Senior Member

    Messages:
    502
    Likes:
    18
    I had it for one month for H-Pylori with severe die off reaction with no results. I had to take ABs at the end. Need to retest to see if ABs have worked.
  7. Deatheye

    Deatheye Senior Member

    Messages:
    160
    Likes:
    18
    I treid it out about 4 weeks ago. Was dirnking it. I'm not sure if this was just a conicidence but I crashed bad...
    I'm out of it for about abit over a wek I think... Getting bether the last few days. Propably will take it again and see what happens.
    Asked the person that gave it to me if he every heard about any bad effect from it. I know him personally as a friend not just someone... He sad he never had anyone with a bad reaction.
  8. lucy

    lucy Senior Member

    Messages:
    102
    Likes:
    2
    I was taking it for a couple of weeks with no effects of any kind. Then I decided to check with the science about colloidal silver. I found no scientific experiments with humans (nor animals) in vivo, there was only one experiment in lab, where eight different brands were tested agains bacteria cultures in vitro. Some brands were contaminated themselves with microorganisms and in total only a few were effective against the cultures.

    On the other hand there were research about effectivness of silver in wound dressings.

    So I came to conclusion that I have no idea how it works when taken as liquid there is no data it absorbed or passing the bowels with food, there is no data whatsoever that it is effective. So if I had wounds to treat, it would be ok, but ingesting does not make any sense. Then all these silver generators are a hoax, equal to zappers.

    From all the cases (sth like 10 cases in total), those people where using silver for extended periods of time or killer doses. I have also read that the nails darken first, so it is possible to see when to stop.
  9. kday

    kday Senior Member

    Messages:
    260
    Likes:
    48
    CS is excellent.

    Killed tons of intracellular and L-Form bacteria as observed under dark field microscopy.

    There was bacteria in every field and after about 3 months there was nothing to be seen.

    Die off (herxheimer) reactions were rough. Went to the ER a time or two. Could only tolerate 1/4 tsp of it at first, and now I can handle any dose without ill effects (as if it were water).

    It's one of the most helpful things, if not the most helpful thing I took. I've been on many antibiotics as well, including intravenous.

    If it makes you feel the worse you ever had, this means it's working. Believe me it's not a side effect. Eventually (after several weeks or months), it will make you feel better when taking it.

    By reading the posts here, it's obvious to me that colloidal silver is misunderstood by people with CFS. A normal "healthy" person won't notice a thing when taking CS.

    The die off makes you feel toxic. There is no proof that colloidal silver is toxic to the human body. You can find speculation about potential toxicity, but that's all it is - speculation.
    cigana likes this.
  10. pine108kell

    pine108kell Senior Member

    Messages:
    140
    Likes:
    26
    I have extensive experience with high quality silver and I more or less agree with kday's post above. High quality silver makes me feel very similar to the die off from antibiotics. I have no reason to suspect it is anything else but die off. If you respond with herx reactions to antibiotics you will likely get the same with silver, imo. My family has experimented with it. They are healthy and have no such reaction, similar to antibiotics.

    I am pretty convinced it kills micro-organisms, although I am sure some claims that it kills all viruses etc to be false sells promotions.

    As far as safety goes, I think there are misrepresentations on both sides. The silver that turns you grey is truely different from some of the high quality products out there now. On the other hand, I don't think there is evidence one way or the other what long term silver use, even of the higher quality products, will do. Maybe it is safe, maybe it is not--regulartory agencies aren't interested in finding out, and maybe it is better to keep them out of it anyway since it would then become very expensive or completely banned.
    cigana likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page