• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colloidal Silver?

Ayaju

OK, so I gave up the other so-called treatments I experimented with for candida, and now I'm experimenting with true colloidal silver because Dr. Mercola had positive things to say about true colloidal silver (note the "true" part). I couldn't find any details about using the silver to treat candida. I purchased the best brand I could find per the list he provided in a link.

I started taking 1 undiluted Tablespoon per day (empty stomach, at least four hours apart from probiotics), and I'm seeking guidance about exactly how to use the silver, and for how long. I'm also wondering if the silver will help with other ailments.

Thanks in advance for your help, Judy

New Guidelines for Safe Usage of Colloidal Silver

Ayaju

Thank you so much!
I never did feel comfortable or confident taking the silver so I stopped. I'll take it at the onset of colds.
I did not delay in ordering the Thorne product from amazon because of your post! I trust Thorne, and so does my doctor of integrative medicine. Can't wait to try the SF722.
Can't wait to kick candida's butt!
Judy

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I had just read about using a colloidal silver nasal spray for sinus infections so when I looked around I found your post.

You have to change your diet to get rid of candida which is a pain. I also learned from Karen Tripp to take 1 or 2 Thorne with food so it helps eat the sugar. They also say you need a probiotic to replace the good bacteria the Thorne kills. I have to say though I never used one.

Hope this works for you.

Minks

Ayaju

Hi Minks ~

I've read in many places that the candida diet is a waste of time and effort, not to mention depriving yourself of so many foods needlessly. I chose to believe those ideas! However, I don't eat gluten, and I limit my sugar to a bit of 70% cocoa dark chocolate and a piece of fruit, and a bit of honey in some foods I love. I'm also cutting back on grains and starches. I don't consume much milk anymore at all. I'll never give up my morning Starbucks bold coffee with heavy cream! :)

I take Mercola probiotics and sometimes Culturelle. I'll have to check-out Thorne brand.

Oh, okay, so if the SF kills the good bacteria, that means I can't take it with breakfast because I take my probiotic before breakfast. Good to know. You have to take products that kill the good bacteria at least four hours apart from probiotics. I highly recommend taking probiotics daily, btw, regardless what else you take or don't take.

Let me know if the silver helps your sinus infection.

Thanks again, Judy

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm not sure how I feel about the diet. I did it because I was very "yeasty". It makes sense though to not feed the yeast.

I tried probiotics before and they wreck my gut. I didn't poop for a week and took me just as long to get regulated again.
No I think the SF kills the yeast which is what you want but I think you still have to take separate from the probiotics. I'm sure if you do some research you'll find out. I think there might be info on the link I gave you.

Hope it works.

Mink

Ayaju

I didn't know probiotics caused that kind of a problem in the gut! Maybe that's why my daughter is having that problem! She's going to need to take more magnesium and probably a digestive enzyme. Did you try that? I'm researching through that thorough link you gave me.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I also have IBS-C so my gut is a mess but even before that I couldn't take probiotics. I just talked to someone else who had the same problem. It may just be that one probiotic that is causing the problem.

I do take a digestive enzyme. On from Doctor's Best. I have problems with those too so I have to be careful.

It's all trial and error. That's why I like Pureformulas. Everything ships for free and You can return stuff even if it is opened and they give you the label to return it for free. Can't lose

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Sorry I can't read that. Too much text. The only other stuff I know of is Nystatin which I took and didn't really work.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have never heard of that and from the reviews, it's more about balancing blood sugar than killing bad bacteria. From what I know you need to change the PH in your gut to kill the bad stuff. Caprilic acid and stuff like that is what works best.

All I know is I have used the Thorne stuff for years.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
A little bit off topic and has a dark side to it. In the news today there was gentlemen using colloidal silver for quite awhile and probably a high dose, his skin turned blue. I believe the article said he had stopped the colloidal silver, but for whatever reasons he had a stroke and a heart attack during the past week and passed away today.

The story wasn't very detailed, but please be careful! It's big news now, but they don't think the blue skin from colloidal silver was the cause. He has had this blue skin for over a year. Poor fellow.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...e+skin&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-122

Ayaju

minkeygirl ~ hi. got my Thorne SF today. You said to take 1 or 2 caps with meals? Just making sure I don't take too much; the label says to take 5 caps up to three times a day. Your thoughts? Thanks, Judy

I have used Angstrom Silver rather than colloidal silver and swear by it. I have seen it in candida protocols, and have personally seen what it could do even for getting rid of my friends foot fungus. I use it personally for colds, bladder/uti infections, scrapes, etc. I am grateful to not require it for candida, but hope you can have faith in using silver - but as I said...the angstrom sized silver is 99.9% absorbable and most efficient for the body and will not turn you blue :0)

Ayaju

That is wild! Angstrom is the silver I've had in my cupboard for years; that is, the one I kept in stock to use for colds! I didn't realize how good it really was, I guess? I threw it out to use the Mesosilver. I'm using the Meso again, but only 1T per day. No clue how much to take, and can't find straight answers. I'm taking Throne FormulaSF722 as well, but in moderation.

Meanwhile, our two new 5 month old kitten brothers have URIs, and I'm giving them the Meso, because of my research about it, but am once again totally confused as to how much to give them!

Thanks so much for your post!