• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

collagen peptides

Anyone try using collagen peptides for muscle and joint healing / support? And how did it work for you? Does it work for soft tissue and / or joint injuries? If not collagen, are there any other sources for this purpose? Thanks!

Seven7

Seven
I have great success with peptides,. BPC-157 was good for tummy (oral). and I heard people injecting on muscles. I am trying a new one injected and prescribed and is doing great for my CFS, got me in remission for 2 weeks after the 4th one.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I have great success with peptides,. BPC-157 was good for tummy (oral). and I heard people injecting on muscles. I am trying a new one injected and prescribed and is doing great for my CFS, got me in remission for 2 weeks after the 4th one.

What doctor is treating you, and what city are they in?

What is the new peptide you are injecting?

Can you just buy the peptides or do you have to get them from your doctor?

Gondwanaland

How does collagen peptides differ from hydrolyzed collagen? I have a bad reaction to gelatin and collagen (hair loss, pinching of upper right back muscles) probably related to sulfite sensitivity. Other concern is the presence of glutamate in anything hydrolyzed.

Seven7

Seven
I sent you both a PM. This is new and O wnat to wait and see how it pans out log term. I have history of doing great at first then my body adapting and going backwards.

Gondwanaland

I have history of doing great at first then my body adapting and going backwards.
Me too, there is always depletion of a nutrient that is a co-factor or is antagonized by every supplement. Healthy people seem to get only benefits from taking anything, and collagen is a good example.

Runner5

I've been using bone broth to try to nurse my GI back to health. I hope to get my hands on some awesome bones from the butcher whenever I can get into town. Bone broth is a good source of Collagen I've read. For me, a lot of times I just throw a chicken in my slow cooker and let it go all day and that's how I make chicken stock. It's pretty easy on the GI. Sometimes I just have to go with the cheapest option, I want to buy all organic and you know - the good stuff - sometimes can't afford it or can't even leave my house to get supplies. I did not know it had anything to do with CFS, interesting!
I have history of doing great at first then my body adapting and going backwards.

Me too!! I will find something that is promising and working a bit and I'm like 'eureka!' but then - sure as sh1t, it adapts and I'm back to square one. It's like the perfect formula for a really cruel depression!