1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Colds and Symptoms

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by Mattman1, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Mattman1

Mattman1

So, still trying to figure out for sure if I fit CFS criteria, when I noticed I got a small cold the other day, and felt I had some more energy-- this happen to anyone else? It's almost like I had more adrenaline maybe. This seemed odd to me, wanted to know if it's pretty normal, considering how nothing is 2D with disease.
  2. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Yes! When I do come down with a cold which doesn't happen very often I feel better overall. I know this sounds weird. I remember when my CFS doctor told me that when I started getting colds again.....it was a good sign.
  3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    When I have colds I feel 100% CFS free, usually only last one day or so, I don't hold a cold for more than 2 or 3 days and when I do get one, I LOVE IT. I also feel better the second day till the end of my period.
  4. Mattman1

Mattman1

I guess the big question for us then is..what are the mechanisms involved giving us this temporary respite.

Its strange, because I almost feel awake to the point of being on a stimulant with them...the downside is feeling almost
    to the point of being hyper, making sleep difficult.
  5. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    I feel markedly improved when I catch a head cold. I suspect many of us have Th2 dominant autoimmune issues, and that perhaps catching a cold either puts the immune system's resources to work elsewhere and reduces Th2 overactivity, or Th1 is stimulated and the system is more "balanced". I'm sure that in reality it's much more complex that that though!
  6. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I don't have CFS problems now but when I get a cold I get much more POTSY. More lightheaded etc.

See more popular forum discussions.