Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cold hands and feet - as a symptom of folate or potassium deficiency?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by SJB944, Sep 6, 2015.

1. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

I've suddenly had the return of cold hands and feet as symptom, after not having it for quite sometime -- pretty much the last year since being on Fred's protocol.

The coldness in the feet is also nerve related, moves up the legs from the feet. Along with the cold hands is a strange ache in the center of each hand (like a very mild cramp), which I've noticed is linked to low potassium (along with other symptoms).

Wondering if anyone has observed cold hands and feet linked to low potassium symptoms or low folate (deficiency/insufficiency)?

2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Nope, but I've noticed it as being remedied by B3 (sublingual niacinamide).

SJB944 likes this.
  3. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

Thanks @Critterina, can you tell me what brand does sublingual?

4. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I almost always buy from www.swanson.com, their own "Swanson Ultra" brand, NADH, 20 mg. I recently bought Source Naturals 5 mg - I think I must have got confused, thinking they were 20 mg. Source Naturals has the advantage that some vitamin stores carry it, but Swanson has always been less expensive for me. The quality of both is good - I can't tell any difference.

5. taroopher

taroopher

Thanks for the information about B12. I also saw a testimonial of Guy Abraham saying that lugol helped him adapting cold weather

See more popular forum discussions.