August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Coenzyme Q10 Plus NADH Supplementation in CFS (Barcelona, Spain)

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Dolphin, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

via https://cfsme-registry.info

2. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Bunch of past studies on this, all generally positive.

bombsh3ll likes this.
  3. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    The dosages of CoQ10 and NADH seem low. Will this be another nutrition study that doesn't get results because the dosages given were too low to make a difference?

4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Oh, wow, that is a SUPER low dose. Even if it's more bioavailable that's insanely low.

5. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    Yes, it is...:( Wish they'd try higher doses...

JaimeS likes this.
  6. bombsh3ll

bombsh3ll

Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with this particular combo? If so what doses did you take?

7. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    I've taken up to 400mg of CoQ10, but currently take 200mg. At the mitochondrial disease conference I went to last year, some mito disease patients were on up to 24g.

I use Enada sublingual NADH. I take 10-20mg before exercise or do something hard. A reputable source told me it doesn't get digested and into us properly so sublingual is best. I feel a burst of energy after I take it.

I also take 10mg of d-ribose and 800mg of magnesium malate daily. And acetyl-l and l-carnitine.

https://heartmdinstitute.com/diet-nutrition/the-awesome-foursome/

On the NADH, there's a product called Niagen (or Niacel) that has a lot of buzz. Its nicotinamide riboside. I tried large and small doses and it did nothing for me, while the NADH helped. A healthy friend tried the NADH and said it did nothing, but she thinks the Niacel helps her. It seems there are different pathways, the NADH is more direct...she didn't feel it because she didn't need it, where I do, and don't seem to be able to make energy from the Niacel.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    JaimeS and bombsh3ll like this.
  8. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member

England
    "(CoQ10: 200 mg/day plus NADH: 20 mg/day) taking 4 tablets/day during 8-weeks in term. " - so is that 800mg of CoQ10 and 80mg of NADH a day then?

9. bombsh3ll

bombsh3ll

Already on magnesium here too - keeps my bowels regular if nothing else! Getting to the end of a bag of d-ribose - no noticeable benefits so will not reorder.

I do have a bottle of CoQ10 in the cupboard - took briefly, no noticeable effects but stopped as intended to go on statin for high cholesterol so saving it to take alongside this as statins deplete it. Now decided against statin, think I will give the CoQ10 another go.

NADH added to my list of things to try - do you think the combination in this study work synergistically or can be of individual value?

10. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    i think it works synergistically

Attached Files:

11. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Makes my 2.5-g per day sound absolutely tame.

Richard7 and Learner1 like this.
  12. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    Thats a start, but there's more to it. Each complex has certain inputs and outputs...

https://goo.gl/images/zwpqDW

13. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    @Learner1
    So when I took oxidized Q10 in the past that pretty much screwed me up, it might have used up all my NADH and FAD?
    I also found a source that Complex V uses ALA.
    My ALA levels are very low, but I still didnt find out how bad this really is and if it is really the great limiting factor...
    Any ideas?

Attached Files:

JaimeS likes this.
  14. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    I take PolyMVA, by IV and oral. I just finished an IV and went from groggy and thick headed to clear heads and functional.

Xymogen ALAmax is good, too. It has biotin which is needed with ALA.

JaimeS likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.