The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

coconut oil allergic reactions on my mother?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by jen86, Sep 26, 2015.

1. jen86

jen86

i gave my mother organic coconut oil for her inflamed colon.
    the next day her chest burns, her skin and veins burns, stomach glass cramps, diarriah.
    she telling me it gave her new symptoms and much worse. more acid in her gut.
    i gave her only few drops with food in her stomach.
    she has had coconut oil before in shampoos and lotions.
    why has that happen to her after giving it to her by mouth??
    i just don't get it anymore.:confused:

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Many of us have strange reactions to things. All because it's natural doesn't mean it can't cause a problem for us. Some get quite ill from seemingly harmless things.

Using something topical and not having a problem doesn't mean you won't have a problem taking something internally. I mean you can't compare a shampoo with coconut oil in it to ingesting it.

All you can do is stop it.

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I reacted negatively to CO for about a year, and am now using it again. I've done a number of things in that time, including detox.

Re inflamed colon, here's a bit from my coffee enema blog. Might be helpful:

4. digital dog

digital dog Senior Member

Certain oils have been the worst thing for me during my illness. Worse than any drug. It is baffling.
    I think we have to be very careful.

5. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I had problems with coconut oil as well. I know it's a great source of MCT and is antifungal etc. but everyone is different. Upon eating it I would be weezing and full of adrenaline soon after, usually keeping me up all night. I just stopped taking it and the sy.ptoms went away. Oh well, no harm in moving on to the next thing.

See more popular forum discussions.