1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cochrane Reviews' newish feedback section - an example of it in action

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

(Probably a minority interest at the moment but I thought I'd post it in case I forget and somebody else remembers)

Some people will be familiar with Cochrane reviews. They do systematic reviews of medical literature that hold a lot of weight/have a lot of status.

They have done three, that I know of, on CFS:

Such reviews tend to get updated every so often as new evidence comes along. We're expecting a couple in the next year or two (the PACE Trial authors have referred to these upcoming publications).

Anyway, I heard somewhere that the Cochrane system now has a feedback mechanism. This could be a useful way to highlight criticisms of reviews, problems and gaps in the literature, etc. Somebody may have a link on this (the feedback mechanism).

Anyway, I've just come across an example of this in action.
    It's from the review "Helmets for preventing head and facial injuries" http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001855/pdf
    See pages 16-29.

Bob, alex3619, SOC and 1 other person like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I think that I already saw something like this in their CFS review(s), and a reference to PACE. I don't remember it being that interesting though.

See more popular forum discussions.