Jen Brea launches mass-advocacy platform — #MEAction goes live!
Jen Brea is a phenomenon. After working as a freelance writer in China and Africa, she enrolled for a PhD at Harvard in political science but, four years ago, got sick. She had a fever that lasted ten days.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cochrane Reviews' newish feedback section - an example of it in action

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

(Probably a minority interest at the moment but I thought I'd post it in case I forget and somebody else remembers)

Some people will be familiar with Cochrane reviews. They do systematic reviews of medical literature that hold a lot of weight/have a lot of status.

They have done three, that I know of, on CFS:

Such reviews tend to get updated every so often as new evidence comes along. We're expecting a couple in the next year or two (the PACE Trial authors have referred to these upcoming publications).

Anyway, I heard somewhere that the Cochrane system now has a feedback mechanism. This could be a useful way to highlight criticisms of reviews, problems and gaps in the literature, etc. Somebody may have a link on this (the feedback mechanism).

Anyway, I've just come across an example of this in action.
    It's from the review "Helmets for preventing head and facial injuries" http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001855/pdf
    See pages 16-29.

Bob, alex3619, SOC and 1 other person like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I think that I already saw something like this in their CFS review(s), and a reference to PACE. I don't remember it being that interesting though.

See more popular forum discussions.