Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Co Q10 vs Idebenone. Mitochondrial function, ROS, Anti oxidant activity; The science.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by keenly, Mar 21, 2017.

1. keenly

keenly

UK
    The last month Idebenone has stopped working for me.

I had no idea why and have been searching for answers. Prior to this month of hell, it helped immensely with energy levels and muscle function

I have been looking on pubmed for info

So I guess now Idebenone is causing more superoxide
    why?

For 18 months it worked tremendously, to the point I went to the gym. Then did too much crashed, a few days later lots of B12 caused apparent B2 deficiency; the results Idebenone does not work for me at all.

How do I rectify this? Adding Coq10?

Can somebody who understands this better than me speak on it? I would greatly appreciate.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    Have you rectified the apparent B2 deficiency?

3. keenly

keenly

UK
    I am trying, but I have no idea.

Sequence of events
    Gym on Saturday, did too much, breathing problems.
    B12, mixed B vitamin oils arrive a week later, immediately I use high dose, 3, 4 sprays.
    3 days later, weak, shaky, irritable, fatigued, tingling

Now Idebenone does not work for me. I never had any fatigue in the house using it prior to this. I have tried stuff for 12 years and nothing worked like it.

4. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    @keenly - like many things, you need to start low and go slow with B2. It also needs a bunch of supporting nutrients. The is information in the threads on hair mineral testing and using B2.

5. keenly

keenly

UK
    I recently had a HMT, I am excreting high amounts of Selenium and tin!! Lithium and zirconium were almost non existent.

See more popular forum discussions.