• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Co Enzyme Q10 reaction? whats going on here?

digital dog

Are you 100% sure its not the selenium? I feel edgy on that but ok on CoQ10. I don't take either now as Im a little scared of everything but I will double check the selenium again soonish.

Hi,

Well, I decided to try coq10 again. Although I ended up starting it about the time I started Alpha Lipoic Acid.

After a week or two I ended up having this new feeling of calm. It was strange, but felt good. Then shortly after my insomnia which was getting better, got worse and stayed consistantly worse.

I was taking 50mg of the Ubiquinol active form. I was taking 50mg of ALA (non R form).

I believe the ALA helped me with blood sugar issues, feeling better between meals, and possibly caused the calm feeling. One doctor mentioned that ALA gave him a "relaxed wellbeing" feeling.

I later started taking acetyl l-carnitine which really seemed to helped.

As a trial I skipped a couple of days of taking coq10 and I slept MUCH better, although I did take one Unisom. But usually Unisom will not work if I feel too wired. So, it might seem that the coq10 is causing me to feel wired and I might need to take it less frequently. I do have some adrenal fatigue, but has greatly improved. Not sure if that is why coq10 might be a little too stimulating for me or not. My spectracell test did show I had normal coq10 level so it might just be something I don't need, and not really obtaining any therapeutic benefit from it. Maybe once start sleeping regularly, and totally recover from adrenal fatigue that I could tolerate coq10 more. But, if I'm not low then maybe there's no need for it right now.

I do take other supplements and I'm sure the combination might just be too much for me. Too much energy that is. So, coq10 might be something I just take a couple of times per week, maybe if I do need more energy.

Anyway, that's my update.

frog_in_the_fog

Test Subject
...I later started taking acetyl l-carnitine which really seemed to helped.

As a trial I skipped a couple of days of taking coq10 and I slept MUCH better, although I did take one Unisom...
Some people say CoQ10 keeps them awake. Every morning I take a 100mg dose of CoQ10 in liquid form, mixed with 1g acetyl l-carnitine & 500mg magnesium carbonate in a glass of water.