Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CMV test results - interesting!

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Daffodil, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. I have been getting tested for viruses now for a long, long time and CMV always came out as "non reactive", meaning I have never been exposed. this has always been in the case!

but now, at the lab KDM uses in Belgium, it shows high IgG!!! how is this even possible???

I have told every doctor I have not been exposed to this virus. Now I wonder if my first exposure was the "mono" that triggered the CFS in 1993!

this would make more sense, since the man I kissed was ill and was very promiscuous. he must have given me CMV at the time and no one tested for it...and the mono spot was positive which I think would happen with CMV too. I just figured he gave me EBV, which didn't make as much sense because he would have had EBV already for sure.

this is blowing my mind.

but the valcyte I took for years didn't help really....and neither did the vistide I tried for a short while...so I am not sure what to make of all this.

why on earth would IgG say non reactive for all these years and then suddenly become high positive?? I have not heard of this happening before.

missfire likes this.
  2. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Ive been CMV negative then positive then negative again,which I think is imposible if you have it you have it.
    My best guess is it was a false positive,maybe it was picking up something close,even possibly EBV.

missfire likes this.
  3. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I so wish that testing for some of these infections was more reliable.

Is he recommending a course of treatment for this Daff?

justy likes this.
  4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi all. shannah ..no i have not asked him about this. i just got my results emailed but the redlabs stuff wont be ready for like 6 weeks so i will speak to him then. he will probably tell me to just do GcMAF. i dont think he prescribes antivirals much, if at all.

i just cannot believe i have never shown exposure before. i wonder if these results are even right. i am going to try and get an antibody test done here in canada, if they have it.

wast...you mean it actually went from non-reactive to reactive?

missfire likes this.
  5. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Yes non reactive to reactive then back to non reactive.I think its a good idea to get another test,you may go back to CMV negative like me.I do still wonder could it have picked up Simian CMV

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

See more popular forum discussions.