1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Closed thread my reply *2 new* letters, Myra McClue, Annette Whittemore

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by flybro, May 22, 2010.

1. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Thanks Roy

this was relevant, and should be considered by all.

I didn't find it laughable, it is exactly what many have tried to say.

It is a reality in every walk of life.

I thnk Cort does a good job and I appreciate his efforts, I have not had a problem with how he has handled most situations in the public forums.

When people feel they cant freely speak up on what is a PUBLIC forum, problems occur.

I sat back and kept quiet, then when I speak up, others do to.

There is a problem, I dont think I am causing the problem.

I may not be articulating how I percieve the problem perfectly but I am trying. As are others.

Thanks for the link Roy.

My blogg has been edited almost obliterated, although one of more insultong posts was left to stand.

The people that are complaining have not been known to be troublemakers.

I posted this elswhere but think it should be here

My blogg has been edited, comments have been taken away form other contributors, however my more insulting post was left to stand.

it now reads worse than it did before Martlet edited it.

Kurt has responded to my edited blogg,

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/en...2-new*-letters-Myra-McClue-Annette-Whittemore

am i just being pig-headed over this? and this

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?4011-Moderating-on-the-forums-How-it-works/page9

I'm not trying to carry on the row, I'm trying to get what it is i am not getting.

Is it that everyone that has spoken up are wrong, and now that we have complianed the moderating is going to intensify.

2. Koan

Koan Be the change.

This dreadful situation echos the situation regarding ME in ways that I find very disturbing. I am getting emails from people who feel just a little crazy because certain things seem so clear to them and yet a totally different scenario is being described by a group of people who have some kind of power over them. What happened the other day has left many people badly shaken.

3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I understand your concerns but we have to make a decision; the moderators are spread really thin - they, for the most part, act in a professional manner and we're not going to let them be the object of rants. If you can't tolerate the moderation without being really upset then this is not a good place for you. We are going to have moderation on these forums in order to do that we have to create a safe environment for the moderators. That's basically the key point for us.

4. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Flybro you have a legitimate complaint - we should have been in touch with you about what in those comments was problematic. I apologize for that.

5. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Cort, thank you for this.

If any of the moderators would like to know my opinion, I would love to be asked. I've hesitated to voice my concerns on these threads because every comment seemed to lead to more contention and confusion.

I love these forums. I'm sorry that I haven't thanked you, Cort, often and well, nor have I thanked the moderators for their time and hard work. So I offer my thanks, now, and acknowledge what a difficult task you all have before you. None of you have to do this, and yet you choose, daily, to offer your time and effort. I am very appreciative.

I want to see these forums flourish. I have been very disturbed watching what I see as well-intentioned efforts lead to more divisiveness rather than less.

I love that you're asking, Cort. I want to be in a position to help strengthen what is so wonderful here, but that will also require some constructive criticism. I don't have the words, yet, but this is important. All our voices are important. Can you please tell us how best to offer our words?

All of us here are important. All of us should feel valued and heard. All of us.

Thanks for offering me the space to do this.

gracenote

6. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

thank you Cort

thank you moderators

thank you all who expressed their opinions

thank you gracenote. Ditto what you wrote.

7. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Cheers Cort

and sorry to have casued u hassle.

its about time we had a forum party, we need something to celabrate

8. bel canto

bel canto Senior Member

Partieeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

See more popular forum discussions.