• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CLOCK gene and sleep disturbance

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Well, I fall into that category because I got the information wrongly, which must be related with my shitty sleep :D And yeah, it seems you are right, these genes doesnt seem very significant. I actually wouldnt put any time or effort in genes that cannot be "bypassed" with lifestyle changes or supplements. There was a time when I slept normally, all my childhood and early teens. Whatever changed its what must be corrected. Emotional and physical stress/toxins are triggers of genetic mutations anyway.

ukxmrv

I seems to be the case in my family that as children we all are normal sleepers and then change to night owls at adolescence. If it is "stress" then how do we avoid it? There is no unusual emotional or physical stress hitting my family members at the same time of their lives and if it an environmental factor then it is one we are unaware of. It's also hitting us even when we move to or are born in another country.

My adolescence was very good. Great schools and no teenage blues.

If it is a "normal" event due to our genes that is set off by puberty then changing it isn't going to have any effect. There are drugs to delay puberty but who would want that route?