• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Clinical Pain Advisor" publishes Good Piece about Naviaux Metabolomics Study

valentinelynx

Clinical Pain Advisor is one of the free "throwaway" magazine (mostly online now) that physicians are inundated with. They publish summaries of recent research findings, using a journalistic style. The outcome is variable — sometimes good information, sometimes garbage.

I was happy to see the quality of the article they just published, written by Cindy Lampner (appears to be a regular writer for the magazine) about the Naviaux study. It even includes a mention of the criticism of the PACE study, with a supporting comment by Dr. Gordon: " 'The idea that a psychosocial model of treatment is more appropriate in CFS than in any other disease is incorrect,” Dr Gordon said. “All chronic diseases do better with a psychosocial component to their treatment. Illness will exacerbate all of our underlying neurotic tendencies. This is the human response to illness.' "

There are no comments yet...

Read the article here:

Metabolomic Deficiencies Characteristic of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I'm not sure if it requires you to have an account to read the article. If so, I believe accounts are free and un restricted. You can create an account here: Clinical Pain Advisor account set up.

Last edited:

valentinelynx

Thanks @valentinelynx , although you'll probably want to amend the URL in your link to http://www.clinicalpainadvisor.com/...s-of-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/article/525141/ as the one you have in your post at the moment logs us in to your account there.

Well, so long as you don't post as a troll pretending to be me...:devil:

I think I may have fixed it. Thanks for the heads up. When I click on my email from the mag, it just opens the article without even hinting that I'm logging into something.