Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Clinical features and diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome (systemic exertion intolerance disease)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by slysaint, Sep 9, 2017.

1. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

W. Sussex UK
    Clinical features and diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome (systemic exertion intolerance disease)

Author
    Stephen J Gluckman, MD
    Section Editor
    Mark D Aronson, MD
    Deputy Editor
    Howard Libman, MD, FACP

"INTRODUCTION

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID), has received considerable attention but remains a complicated and controversial disease [1]. Much of this is due to the lack of objective findings. Nonetheless, patients with CFS/SEID have real symptoms and are not malingerers. The prevalence of this syndrome is unclear in part due to difficulties in proving the diagnosis."

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/c...yndrome-systemic-exertion-intolerance-disease

MeSci, Barry53 and Valentijn like this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

This was updated a few days ago. Unfortunately the full article is accessible only for subscribers.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Is this any good?

I went to 'subscription options', 'UpToDate Subscriptions for Patients and Caregivers', into 'search patient content', searched for 'cfs/seid' and chose the first of the 3 options.

I got a slightly different but more-complete page which mentions SEID. It does have a rather equivocal piece on GET!

slysaint likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.