The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Clinical features and diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome (systemic exertion intolerance disease)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by slysaint, Sep 9, 2017.

1. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Clinical features and diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome (systemic exertion intolerance disease)

Author
    Stephen J Gluckman, MD
    Section Editor
    Mark D Aronson, MD
    Deputy Editor
    Howard Libman, MD, FACP

"INTRODUCTION

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID), has received considerable attention but remains a complicated and controversial disease [1]. Much of this is due to the lack of objective findings. Nonetheless, patients with CFS/SEID have real symptoms and are not malingerers. The prevalence of this syndrome is unclear in part due to difficulties in proving the diagnosis."

https://www.uptodate.com/contents/c...yndrome-systemic-exertion-intolerance-disease

MeSci, Barry53 and Valentijn like this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

This was updated a few days ago. Unfortunately the full article is accessible only for subscribers.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Is this any good?

I went to 'subscription options', 'UpToDate Subscriptions for Patients and Caregivers', into 'search patient content', searched for 'cfs/seid' and chose the first of the 3 options.

I got a slightly different but more-complete page which mentions SEID. It does have a rather equivocal piece on GET!

slysaint likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.