Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Claudication (peripheral artery disease) and CFS?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Cort, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I just came across this article on peripheral artery disease. It reminds me so much of the muscle tightening and deadness that occurs particularly in my legs during exercise.

I've just had this gut feeling that the blood vessels are key to this disorder. It'll be interesting that the CAA webinar has for us on the 25th.

http://www.vascularweb.org/patients/NorthPoint/Claudication.html

2. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

This is exactly what I have been dealing with for a couple years now. I am 37 yrs old and so far doctors have been unable to explain why I have pain, numbness, weakness, altered sensation in my left leg and foot that worsen considerably when I walk, and worse yet when I have to climb stairs or walk up an incline. So far doctors have checked my spine for any issues (normal) & done an EMG and NCS (normal).

I will be asking my doctor abt testing me for Peripheral Artery Disease. I know my cholesterol levels have never been checked so perhaps that is a good place to start.

3. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    That's interesting. I have only ever heard about claudication linked to spinal issues. My doctor has presumed that is the cause for me as I have spinal stenosis.

See more popular forum discussions.